Seat Ibiza 0% finance trick

dancupra

Only just seen this thread but id have spoken to Irfan @ M1 auto's. I did and it was the best thing i ever did when i got my Cupra 20vt in feb. I called him up after speaking with other dealers, and Irfan asked how much i wanted to pay, so said less than 13700 as it states in the top gear mag, he said ok, how much by? so said £500, to which he replied ok. The deal was done there and then. The monthly repayments are actually cheaper by £30 a month i was paying on my previous ibiza too......

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
Bought my '08 Ibiza FR TDi @ 0% and hassled the dealer for a good deal. Sold my previous 1.4 privately and managed to get my new one down from £14,340 to £12,999...metallic paint n all. They also printed my private plates for me, registered the car with these plates and debadged :)

Oracle9I

I have been to SEATcarsdirect.co.uk , but there seems to be no Ibiza 1.9 TDI FRs on stock.

Plus i recon i will be a bit shafted due to me part chop.

FR3000

Feb 14, 2008
North East
The 0% finance deal is driven by the manufacturer, I had this problem when I got my FR on 0%, some cocky little upstart who knew nothing about cars decided that he could try and sell me one for full whack - he then tried to dazzle me with trading indexes - at which point I got up and walked out while he was in mid-pitch and went elsewhere..

The fact is it makes no difference to dealer margins, the only reason they try not to negotiate is because they will try and sell you Seat/VW finance which they will make commission on. They actaully make more money out of meeting sales/reg targets (bizarrely). You should be aiming at getting it for dealer consignment price at the the very least (5% ish off the price) - or do what I did - make up the offset of a small discount by haggling on the options list and rack up £1000 in extras!!!!

Oracle9I

I am going to go tomorrow to the Dealer and test drive a FR. They only could get a 56 plate FR for me to test drive. They also mentioned something about there only being 2 FR lest in the country brand new, whihc makes not sense as plenty of web sites are offering em still with at least 800 quid off plus the 0% finance. Its crazy that its the end of the Mk4 so you would have thought they would be wanting to bang them out.
In fact i am going armed with all these other dealers prices, If they wont budge then I am going to get a Fiesta ST or even a Zetec s TDI, both of which are heavily discounted at the mo.

Oracle9I

Ok Bad news :- :cry:

Went to Seat Dealer today.

Test drove a Seat Ibiza FR (56 plate). Very nice.

Dealer trys to tell me that theres only 1 yellow, 1 red and 2 silver cars brand new left in the country. ??? which seems strange with the large amount of dealers offering them.
Whe it cam down to some type of Deal, Sales women tried to insist there was no 0% APR on FR. After some time of explaining it did, she finally asked her boss who confirmed that that it did have 0% on it.
Tried to get her to dop the car and the dealer would not at all, said they could drop it by £500 but i had to take normal finance . LOL.
It seems that being part of the VW group has gone to their head. I expect that attitude from VW not Seat. Tried 2 other dealers and they all seem to have the same opinion.

Went to Ford and on a £14,750 Fiest ST with full leather seats Dealer has offered it to me for 11,770, thats 3 k off. So with the estimated 1k i have saved with getting the finance compared to the FR , this will cover the cost of the extra insurance, petrol and tax for a number of years.

Plus there seems to be less going wrong with the ST compared to the ibiza diesels.

Sorry chaps I am buying a ST.[B)]

Bye. :cry:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise