Seat Ibiza 2010 6J - boot will not open

dave Cardnell

Jun 25, 2018
Hi,

The boot on my Seat Ibiza 6J will not open either manually or with the remote key fob.
I have replaced the boot catch assembly with a new part, but no difference.
Testing the Seat badge catch switch in the open position an electrical circuit is made.
(I'm presuming it is a simple switch to power the motor in the catch mechanism).

I can't find a fuse that is specifically for the boot lock and everything else works.
The central locking works on the four doors correctly.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, I'm completely out of ideas.

Thanks.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Hi, you have posted this into the wrong section of this forum, you should have posted into the MK5 section for Ibiza 2009> 6J.

Anyway, if you use the "search" function with some suitable phrases, you should find many postings - or even many threads on this problem. Personally I have not had this issue yet, so I can not remember all the possible problems. Have you checked the wiring from the car body out to the hatch, and have you checked voltages etc when you had the trim off?

Apr 12, 2019
Hi,

The boot on my Seat Ibiza 6J will not open either manually or with the remote key fob.
I have replaced the boot catch assembly with a new part, but no difference.
Testing the Seat badge catch switch in the open position an electrical circuit is made.
(I'm presuming it is a simple switch to power the motor in the catch mechanism).

I can't find a fuse that is specifically for the boot lock and everything else works.
The central locking works on the four doors correctly.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, I'm completely out of ideas.

Thanks.
Did you have any luck with your boot? .I am having the same problem with a 6j 2010 and i've been through everything i can think of with no success, even change the comfort control module.

dave Cardnell

Jun 25, 2018
it wasn't my car, so can't supply a photo.
Inside the boot lid lefthand side beneath the plastic lid panel, accesible thru a cutout in the boot lid metal.

Reactions: mackem75
Jun 5, 2019
it wasn't my car, so can't supply a photo.
Inside the boot lid lefthand side beneath the plastic lid panel, accesible thru a cutout in the boot lid metal.

cheers mate. I had a look myself, you know, the old fashioned way of doing stuff and there they were! Disconnected, a clean up with contact cleaner, reconnected and HEY PRESTO ! A working boot :D

May 23, 2020
Hey guys .
I need some help , please on my issue.
Driving a 2009 Seat Ibiza diesel , and all of a sudden after a few weeks period the car boot doesn't want to open anymore .
Tried it today , and opened everything up , cleaned , made everything like on Youtube , and still nothing.
Pushed the boot button , tried to press on the Seat sign , hear a click , and then nothing , won't move 1 mm , still closed .
Tried the rear wiper , that's working fine .
Still puzzled .....Should I contact an electrician ?

Thank you .

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
Hey guys .
I need some help , please on my issue.
Driving a 2009 Seat Ibiza diesel , and all of a sudden after a few weeks period the car boot doesn't want to open anymore .
Tried it today , and opened everything up , cleaned , made everything like on Youtube , and still nothing.
Pushed the boot button , tried to press on the Seat sign , hear a click , and then nothing , won't move 1 mm , still closed .
Tried the rear wiper , that's working fine .
Still puzzled .....Should I contact an electrician ?

Thank you .
Hey Xm13 did you ever get t9 the bottom of your issue? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
to all, this may help you as I had same issue on my 2009 seat Ibiza Mk5 1.4 . in the end the car when back to seat. They rectified the problem. They said it was a broken wire. It appears the broken wire was inside the black connector block in the boot (as I said the one i did not know how to open). The technician said he has hard wired it now, so completely missed out the connector and crimp connected both ends. This has solved the problem for now. See pictures of before and after (repair).

Alittle annoying that I just needed to get into that black connector and I would of seen a broken wire, but even now I don't no how it is clipped together, but you live and learn and hopefully someone can show me how to open it lol.

using Tapatalk
c9eda5e2837f5eb991f8475613b27f9c.jpg
aef724576c3f844bd95dad832223617d.jpg

Reactions: Benzino
Mar 15, 2022
to all, this may help you as I had same issue on my 2009 seat Ibiza Mk5 1.4 . in the end the car when back to seat. They rectified the problem. They said it was a broken wire. It appears the broken wire was inside the black connector block in the boot (as I said the one i did not know how to open). The technician said he has hard wired it now, so completely missed out the connector and crimp connected both ends. This has solved the problem for now. See pictures of before and after (repair).

Alittle annoying that I just needed to get into that black connector and I would of seen a broken wire, but even now I don't no how it is clipped together, but you live and learn and hopefully someone can show me how to open it lol.

using Tapatalk
c9eda5e2837f5eb991f8475613b27f9c.jpg
aef724576c3f844bd95dad832223617d.jpg
Thank you so much for posting this. I've had the identical problem on my 2012 Ibiza FR and now it's fixed. All I had to do was open the connector and clean the terminals. A lot cheaper than an auto electrician would charge. If the problem recurs, I'll probably do the hard-wire bypass your mechanic used. Thanks again.

Reactions: everson38

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
Thank you so much for posting this. I've had the identical problem on my 2012 Ibiza FR and now it's fixed. All I had to do was open the connector and clean the terminals. A lot cheaper than an auto electrician would charge. If the problem recurs, I'll probably do the hard-wire bypass your mechanic used. Thanks again.
No worries buddy glad it's helped a few people.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Mar 15, 2022
Thank you so much for posting this.I've had the identical problem on my 2012 Ibiza FR and now it's fixed.All I had to do was open the connector and clean the terminals. A lot cheaper than an auto electrician would charge.If the problem recurs, I'll probably do the hard-wire bypass your mechanic used. Thanks again.

Reactions: mjstokes85
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise