Seat ibiza 2011 se copa 1.4l 3dr, electrical issues?

Mar 28, 2020
Hi, I'm new to this so sorry if I sound stupid.

I will get straight to the point, about 4 months ago I noticed my cars nearside dipped beam/ and both high beam lights weren't working aswell as my interior lights. Most days they will work perfectly fine with no issues and other days ( mostly at night or early in the morning ) they play up and won't work. After work I will go to drive home and they will all work perfectly fine like nothing happend!

My driversside dipped beam still works aswell as the fog lights, I can also still pull the stalk forward ( flash) in order to see at night when this happens.

I finally got round to checking the battery with a volt meter and it was showing everything was fine, the battery was working properly and the alternator was charging it. I waited a couple days until the lights to stopped working again and tryed the battery again with the volt meter and it still said it was all working fine so I've dismissed it being the battery. I have limited knowledge of cars so this has completly stumped me.

If anyone can shed some light on this it would make my year!

Thank you!

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Have you checked the fuses? I have a feeling that either side runs off a different fuse circuit. It may be that it’s loose and just needs a clean/pushed in, would be a very easy fix if it is!

Mar 28, 2020
Have you checked the fuses? I have a feeling that either side runs off a different fuse circuit. It may be that it’s loose and just needs a clean/pushed in, would be a very easy fix if it is!
I will have a look tonight, thank you for your reply

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.