Seat Ibiza 2014 facelift airbag light after headunit install

Ibrahim

Aug 1, 2018
Hi Guys,

Bear with me as this is my first post.

Yesterday I installed a few things on my Seat Ibiza 2014 ( 63 plate but is the facelift model ).
I purchased a Pioneer SPH-DA120 along with the steering wheel controls, reverse number plate camera, parking sensors, fascia kit along with the Airbag light/Hazard switch/ESP relocation harness and the new button pack.

After alot of modifications, I finally got the double din headunit to fit into the factory headunit hole. However, my airbag light is now illuminated on the dash board. It switches off for about 2 seconds when I start the car and then comes back on permanently.

I have checked the relocated button pack and all the buttons including door lock, unlock, heated windows, Hazard switch, ESP all work correctly. When I switch the passenger airbag off from the glovebox, the Airbag light on the button pack comes on showing me that the passenger airbag is off.

Based on the above, I believe the connections are all correct and there is no cable that is damaged.

Any idea what It could be? I may have switched the car on to test the head unit without the button pack connected.. Could that have caused the light to switch on?

Would it just need resetting? Obviously I don't want to go to a dealer as they would literally ask my for my kidneys :(

I am based in the West Yorkshire area near Leeds. I would appreciate it if anyone can help me out.

Also.. If anyone has the 2014 Face-lift and would like to get some guidance or see the car in person as to how everything was installed, I would be more than happy to help :)

cartmanbdx

Aug 23, 2017
Hey would help but in France,

The reason the light came on is you turned key without plugging air bag light back in... I have done this so many times ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ibrahim

Aug 1, 2018
Hey would help but in France,

The reason the light came on is you turned key without plugging air bag light back in... I have done this so many times ...

Ahh, so there's nothing wrong with the airbags.. Whats the solution? Does I just need to get the fault code cleared?

cartmanbdx

Aug 23, 2017
Yep you just need to clear code and all is good, did you get the pre facelift buttons and rewire them?

That why I got myself vcds... and you can activate some
Other cool stuff as well :)

Ibrahim

Aug 1, 2018
Yep you just need to clear code and all is good, did you get the pre facelift buttons and rewire them?

That why I got myself vcds... and you can activate some
Other cool stuff as well :)

Yep, I got the Button pack from the preface-lift model. Model number 6J0927137AF.

How much does VCDS cost?

Attachments

• button.jpg
    button.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 148

cartmanbdx

Aug 23, 2017
A Chinese one you can get for approx 40 euros 35ish quid

A real one much more ;)

cartmanbdx

Aug 23, 2017
After looking at picture I don’t have the same button

As you

Ibrahim

Aug 1, 2018
After looking at picture I don’t have the same button

As you

I got this button pack as it was the closest one that I needed. It had the original door lock/unlock and heated windows along with the 3 relocation that I needed ( Hazard, ESP and Airbag off light ). The Aux is not connected to anything. I only got this button pack as it was only £35 compared to the ones Connects2 was selling

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members