Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk4 (2002-2008)' started by Tvrtko, Oct 8, 2018.
ill see if i can get a picture tonight. there were quite a few
Does this help?
ok thats strange, beause i saw silhouettes for stuff like washer fluid, open door etc. why would they be there if they dont work?
Yea but you might not have the wiring or a bulb for that function, your car might not be fitted with those sensors.
i get you. makes sense to me that way. ill speak to a guy at a garage when i get my cluster speaker
Aaaah, so it looks like my speaker is broken too.
I've got a 2005 TDi PD130 FR and when I open the door with the engine off and lights on I get nothing to tell me my lights are on.
I thought it strange that a non basic model wouldn't have a warning of sort kind.
have you enquired about it yet? i havent heard back from any garages about a quote for fixing it
That job of repairing a cluster is normally way above where any sensible garage wants to be messing with, that is a specialists job or a job for a keen DIYer!
i see, specialist usually means expensive right?
edit: i received a quote back from an auto electrics company who said itll costs between £125-175 depending on how long it takes. i know its just a speaker but tbh i think id pay this if it could be with me the same day
just an update: got the speaker in my dash changed by digidash northwest. took him less than an hour and it cost me £80 for labour and the part was £16. totally worth it imo, ill never leave my lights on again and the indicator noise is really nice :]
If this might help anyone. I did a Youtube video a while back on replacing the speaker. Its not a step by step guide but gives some idea what is required.
i always wonder about youtubers being on here, hey fred! now, how about that paynos kid?
on topic: i did watch this video and even digidash when he did mine. it does look pretty straight forward, im just not brave enough to do something like that myself
Its very straight forward. Just need to take it steady with the plastic surround trim as its quite fragile plastic. I was worried about air bag lights etc but disconnected the battery left it a good 20 mins to discharge any caps and all was ok.
Hello guys It's been a long time and I forgot to post the update, so here's what happened from the beginning to end:
- Tried replacing the speaker, took the dash cluster out, made a short circuit and probably fried the immobilisator chip inside the cluster.
- towed to dealership
- Took it to the dealer and they weren't able to fix it (1 month without a car) and they wanted to replace perfectly fine ECU and all keys along with dash cluster.
- found a replacement cluster on junk jard which was made by VDO (adapted it via VCDS and continued driving for a year or so)
the cluster which I installed was not the correct part number so everything was offset except of MDU. (speedo was off, temp was off, fuel, rpm etc)
- I had a brand new dash cluster which nobody could to adapt for some reason (some thing with EEPROM) - bought it from dealer
- in the meanwhile towed it two times
- one year later or so I bought a used dash cluster on Ebay from Germany which was the same part number as the original and made by Magneti Marelli (6L0920823)
- Went to a electrician and he couldn't adapt Magneti Marreli dash cluster via VCDS
- Went to another guy and using ODIS they connected online and adapted the new (used) dash cluster, then I realised why the dealer was not able to adapt it; During the adaptation ODIS showes you error "unable to save" or something like that, you're just supposed to click continue instead of REPEAT in ODIS (dealer was spamming the REPEAT key). Once the guy pressed continue the adaptation was completed, after that adapted all the keys and that was it (keys can be adapted via VCDS so that's not a biggie)
My tip: DO NOT MESS WITH MAGNETI MARELLI DASH CLUSTER IF YOU DO NOT HAVE TO - IT'S PAIN IN ASS TO ADAPT IT AND IT CAN ONLY BE DONE ONLINE VIA ODIS, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO ACCESS IT WITH VCDS, VAGTACHO, VAG COMMANDER ETC.) CLUSTERS MADE BY VDO ARE PRETTY MUCH EASY TO ADAPT.