Seat Ibiza death trap

Feb 9, 2020
I have recently bought a seat ibiza about a week ago and just noticed that when I brake reasonably hard the front wheels move towards the rear of the car by about 5 or 6 inches I’ve had a browse through the forums and I cannot find anyone who’s had this problem can anybody tell me why it is doing this and if it is safe to drive

Feb 10, 2020
Any idea what could cause this?
Hi Ozzy just seen your post and it sounds weird what you are describing but definitely not road worthy .
Best thing to do is either Jack up the front end and put it on axle stands and check for any play from all suspension components and also gearbox and engine mounts and supports .
If your not confident in doing this or have no private space to do this , then take it to local garage where they have a ramp and , explain to them what's happening and they can check it over for you and hopefully find the problem a nice drink should keep them happy and also you might find that its something they could sort out not too expensive.
Hope this helps.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Something is worn and/or broken.
As said above the lower arm bushes are probably shot, you might also find the anti-roll bar bushes and drop links either badly worn or disconnected.

Luckily it's a pretty simple setup, there's only a few bits down there to replace anyway.

I would suggest this kit, it replaces both lower arms, all 4 lower arm bushes, the ball joints and anti-roll bar drop-links.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2020
I have ordered one of the kits and if it doesn’t fix it I will try new drop links and yes it does knock while going over bumps

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.