Seat ibiza ,fabia and polo door?

ramzy_86

Oct 13, 2007
A friend of mine had her ibiza scraped badly by a truck the other night and after visiting a bodyshop was told that a new door was needed!

This was because of a stupid truck driver overtaking her on the motorway and whilst doing so,with his extended trailer, had hit his back onto her passenger side door and wing.The poor girl was in shock and did not chase or call the police and she had told me that the cars around her were all flashing the trucker to stop but without any response, he fled the scene.

Even though this incident was not her fault at all, the insurance would want her to claim liability and pay the excess fee,which in her case is 500GBP. she has been quoted 75-100GBP for respraying the passenger door and wing and needs to find a new door, and needs to do it soon before she has to go back to university.

Are the Ibiza, Polo and Fabia doors all the same in the corresponding mks??
She has a mk4 2008 3door ibiza,and needs a replacement.If so,anyone know the part numbers or for which mk and/or year in either the polo or fabia , in which the doors would be the same for a mk4 2008 ibiza 3door?

I thank you all in advance!

tom167

bucksvag.net
Mar 27, 2006
Milton Keynes
This was because of a stupid truck driver overtaking her on the motorway and whilst doing so,with his extended trailer, had hit his back onto her passenger side door and wing.The poor girl was in shock and did not chase or call the police and she had told me that the cars around her were all flashing the trucker to stop but without any response, he fled the scene.

Dont mean to cause an arguement, but if it was the n/s of her car that was hit, surely she was overtaking him?

tom167

bucksvag.net
Mar 27, 2006
Milton Keynes
Sounds like it. But if it was the back of his trailer then she was probably in his blindspot by the sounds of it. Especially if it was LHD.....

As for not stopping, you genuinely wouldn't feel that in an artic unfortunately :(

ramzy_86

Oct 13, 2007
Dont mean to cause an arguement, but if it was the n/s of her car that was hit, surely she was overtaking him?

Not a prob,he undertook her, and the reactions from the other motorists as I have been told had made it evident that it was his fault.As for being in his blind spot,I wasn't there so couldn't say 100percent,but sorry ,if you're in someones blind spot,it is not your fault,in fact its the truck drivers duty -as he is driving an extra long trailer- to check before undertaking, and once being flashed by other motorists should have slowed down to check,but hey some people don't care what goes on around them as it does not affect them!

ramzy_86

Oct 13, 2007
thanks for info on door not from polo or fabia! I have rang a few dealers as the poor girl does not have a clue about cars and protocol,so doing her a favour

tom167

bucksvag.net
Mar 27, 2006
Milton Keynes
Why was she doing slower than 56mph in the middle lane though?

Yeh i'm not deneying, chances are it was his fault. Just saying a lot of people having never sat in or driven something as big as that forget that if you cant see them in the mirrors, then they cant see you!

But again unfortunately you are right, too many foreign drivers etc, just dont take note of whats around them....

Oh and for the door, try partsgateway or the likes, they look for you and then loads of people phone you offering the bits you need, its great!

ramzy_86

Oct 13, 2007
Why was she doing slower than 56mph in the middle lane though?

Yeh i'm not deneying, chances are it was his fault. Just saying a lot of people having never sat in or driven something as big as that forget that if you cant see them in the mirrors, then they cant see you!

But again unfortunately you are right, too many foreign drivers etc, just dont take note of whats around them....

Oh and for the door, try partsgateway or the likes, they look for you and then loads of people phone you offering the bits you need, its great!

Thanks mate
I understand what you are saying. and yeah maybe he didnt see her,gues she will never know,but when im driving i do keep an eye out whats going on around me,just incase ive done something stupid or careless,ey we all make mistakes.Im sure she was going at the right speed,but I feel for her as 500 for excess is alot of money for a student.Thanks Il try them

tom167

bucksvag.net
Mar 27, 2006
Milton Keynes
Yup thats it, live and learn i guess. No one got hurt and really thats the main thing!

£500 is a lot for anyone atm :(

Good luck with it, just have a play with google and just get as many requests out there as you can really!

ramzy_86

Oct 13, 2007
Yup thats it, live and learn i guess. No one got hurt and really thats the main thing!

£500 is a lot for anyone atm :(

Good luck with it, just have a play with google and just get as many requests out there as you can really!

Thats it,she is really greatful that noone did get hurt as it was her birthday and had 4 friends in the car.But thanks for the constructive criticism,tbh there are too many people on forums nowadays that just blab away without any knowledge of the topic presented and it gets tiresome and annoying!lol

tom167

bucksvag.net
Mar 27, 2006
Milton Keynes
Not the best birthday then.....

Yeh there does seem to be that a lot these days, i work for mercedes as a comercial vehicle technician, so unfortunely i'm a lorry nerd :p

Although, door on ebay BIN of £30 - 290304259911 - not too bad really!

ramzy_86

Oct 13, 2007
Not the best birthday then.....

Yeh there does seem to be that a lot these days, i work for mercedes as a comercial vehicle technician, so unfortunely i'm a lorry nerd :p

Although, door on ebay BIN of £30 - 290304259911 - not too bad really!

Ha,then you should have an idea!
Thanks buddy,having a look now.

Housey

i've just had a scrape down the n/s myself, needed a new front wing and door, insurance said they would cover it but it would be around £650 for the whole job including spraying etc.

i hit up the old ebay and found a brand new wing primed and ready to paint for £46 and a new door for £55

worth a gander i'd say :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members