seat ibiza few problems

wobby82

hi all just got this car on a swap and to be honest ive been robbed slightly, but nothing i can do so im goin to make the best of it,ok so its a seat ibiza 1.4 s 8v
first thing is that the engine seems very tappy and pretty loud! what could be done to solve this? oil change?
also there is no heating at all ,the screen doesent even register that your pressing the tempreture buttons or air con ect, someone at some point has cut the origanal sterio out to slot a aftermarket one in and i think they have messed around with wires, im going to get a new panel to hopefully fix it!!! , please let me know your suggestions, thanks

mahne

Aug 13, 2011
How many miles on it?
Could be tappy if it has sticky tappets - oil change might help or it could be a worn camshaft - new camshaft will fix that.
Heating is going to be a bit of a challenge I'm afraid. You're probably right that putting the after market stereo in has wrecked the heating controls. Mk2 Ibiza have heating controls and head unit all in one and so not suited for aftermarket head unit.
Where are you based?
Good luck!

wobby82

Hi I'm in derby, it has 86k on clock hwhat would u suggest about the heating as its verry important at the mo? A new panel with radio , looks like they have messed with wires that plug in to the actual panel aswell, what would u do?

wobby82

Mahne please can u pm me your number with a price for the complete panel and radio as my car is in a garage waiting!! Thanks

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
Heating is going to be a bit of a challenge I'm afraid. You're probably right that putting the after market stereo in has wrecked the heating controls. Mk2 Ibiza have heating controls and head unit all in one and so not suited for aftermarket head unit.

both in same panel yes, but HU can be changed, standard DIN fitment.
if control panel is goosed you can change just that.
are all connectors plugged in & control cables attached?

wobby82

Some **** has hacked a hole in panel to put after market stereo and ****ed everything!!! If anyone has a panel and radio for sale pm me your number ASAP please as my moter is waiting to be fixed in garage, thanks

mahne

Aug 13, 2011
Some **** has hacked a hole in panel to put after market stereo and ****ed everything!!! If anyone has a panel and radio for sale pm me your number ASAP please as my moter is waiting to be fixed in garage, thanks
We had an Ibiza which had a problem that the radio did not work. We bought a second hand radio - no luck then we bought a front panel and replaced that - no luck. Then we found there are a number of different front panels and a number of different radios. You need to ensure you get a compatible panel and radio. The way we did it was to purchase an ibiza which had a seized engine and was being sold 'spares or repair' which had a working radio and used that panel and radio. We now have three fronts and two radios which don't match each other :(
The only way we know of finding out if a radio and front panel are compatible is to put them together and see if they work.
If anyone knows an easier way of selecting compatible radio and front panel please let us all know!
Sorry Wobby that we do not have a spare matching radio and panel to spare.
Good luck getting one!

mahne

Aug 13, 2011
P.S. I've just been told that there are two types of front panel - a digital readout and one with dials. The one which caused us problems has digital readout.

wobby82

I've just purchased a panel and radio from same same car, if this is the correct one should it literally just plug in and play with no problems? Codes ect??

mahne

Aug 13, 2011
I've just purchased a panel and radio from same same car, if this is the correct one should it literally just plug in and play with no problems? Codes ect??

Well done!!!
Should be all done very easily.
Shame we had to buy the rest of the car to go with it to solve ours! We kept some bits: wheels, parcel shelf, seats and some other bits off it and scrapped the rest. If anyone wants to buy any of the bits let me know and perhaps we can work something out.

wobby82

So there are no codes to worry about? I need a pair of mirrors and parcel shelf :)

wobby82

They actually chopped the car wires that plug in to the radio !! No heating no fans no radio no nothing just the time! Gota get a electriction to rewire it all ! Not cheap, the thing I'm worried about was a comment the mechanic made about maybe not being able to get radio working because of possible code issues,but I don't think that this radio type should have any problems???? I'll post link

wobby82

This is a pic of the panel and radio, will it plug and play? Or will it want code ect?? Thanks

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.