Seat leon 1.2 tsi s ride quality

Kay1

Nov 24, 2018
Hi guys,

Just wanted to see if anyone can help me. Got a 2011 1.2 tsi s. As you know they have standard 16” alloys on from factory. I have bought one about a year ago as a first car and decided to put the cupra r 18” alloys on but ever since the ride has been a bit bumpy and not as comfortable. Anyone got any recommendations on how I can improve this?

I decided to buy some fr springs and shock absorbers however a person from VW said it would make the ride more stiffer and make the ride worse.

Any advice would be helpful

Thanks

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I've got 19" as standard on my Cupra. Added h&r lowering springs. And I can't stand the ride anymore. I've ordered some eibach pro Street s I hope are going to save me. They haven't arrived yet though.

Kay1

Nov 24, 2018
I've got 19" as standard on my Cupra. Added h&r lowering springs. And I can't stand the ride anymore. I've ordered some eibach pro Street s I hope are going to save me. They haven't arrived yet though.
Let me know how it works out for you, I’ve heard eibach springs are good, might consider the same. Do you think I would have to get the shock absorbers changed aswell?

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
I’ve got eibachs and the rides pretty good, on normal roads it’s not that noticeable, on bad roads it is a bit more choppy if you’re driving steady. But I don’t mind it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Let me know how it works out for you, I’ve heard eibach springs are good, might consider the same. Do you think I would have to get the shock absorbers changed aswell?

Yeah, I will do. Well, I didn't get the shock absorbers changed. At the time I didn't care. But now I consider 1:- buying coilovers, my dampers and springs will be matched. 2:- Although I've only done 45k miles, my car is also a 2011 so my shocks are 7 years old. I've just started to notice extra bounce, so they are on their way out anyway. So I think the new dampers will also make a big difference at this stage.

RnPnJ

Apr 3, 2015
I've got a 2010 mk2 leon cupra R and also a 2011 1.2 tsi copa and the ride is super soft and comfy on the 1.2 with 16's compared to the 19's on the R.