Seat Leon 1.4 and Cupra (MK1)

Aug 25, 2019
Hi Guys,

So I'm pretty new to cars, I've just got my driving license. I'm planning to buy the standard version of the MK1 Leon (1.4 litre engine) instead of the Cupra due to the insurance costs. I was just wondering if the exterior parts, interior parts, exhaust systems etc. for the Cupra will also fit my 1.4l version of the car? Most of the parts on the internet are labelled with Cupra, but both these cars looks very similar and I'm hoping that these parts will also fit my standard Leon.

Thanks

mkrowlatt71

Mar 27, 2018
Hi Guys,

So I'm pretty new to cars, I've just got my driving license. I'm planning to buy the standard version of the MK1 Leon (1.4 litre engine) instead of the Cupra due to the insurance costs. I was just wondering if the exterior parts, interior parts, exhaust systems etc. for the Cupra will also fit my 1.4l version of the car? Most of the parts on the internet are labelled with Cupra, but both these cars looks very similar and I'm hoping that these parts will also fit my standard Leon.

Thanks
I think most of the cupra and cupra r parts would fit, like dash, steering wheel and seats should fit. Body kit should bolt right on, maybe need a little modification. I think everything is layed out as it should be for all MK1 Leon's. Join the Leon owners club on Facebook. They have some really good guys on there that would be able to tell you

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MVTEO

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Congrats on getting your licence and welcome to the forum.

As said above, pretty much all the cosmetic pieces inside and out will fit without any issue. I'm also fairly certain that most of the suspension that fits the cupra (but not the cupra r) will fit yours, but i think the exhaust and other mechanical bits and pieces that relate to the engine will almost certainly be different. You will need to check as you go along with those parts.

Remember that lowering, having a different exhaust/wheels and possibly even exterior mods are classified as a modification by a lot of insurers. You will have to declare them or you will not be covered in the event of an accident. Being young a lot of them may charge you stupid money so i would check first.

There are a couple of insurers who sponsor this forum, i'm not sure if they offer policies to young drivers, but it might be a good place to try if you do intend to modify it beyond the interior/exterior. If you scroll down here you will see them. https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
As said above with the parts seats door cards if yours has central locking and electric widows front and rear will fit clocks will go in but will need coding in to your car and you will need the the security code from the ecu todo it the cheap way
Exhaust will not get any Benefit from as pipe work will be to big
If you get stuck with anything you could just ask in the mk1 section on the forum and someone will help
Welcome to forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MVTEO
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise