Seat Leon at Silverstone Britcar

jonv

Sep 2, 2005
Quick picture of the Leon Cupra R competing in this years Britcar production category.

BritcarLeon.JPG

Finished 5th out of 23 entried. Not bad for the first outing. Did get beaten by Civic for 4th.

Full results here:
http://www.msttiming.com/result.asp?table=61263rc1ps1&round=silverstoneint.gif

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Only one lap behind after 69 laps is impressive too.

that's the forge sponsored one I think?

jonv

Sep 2, 2005
m0rk said:
Only one lap behind after 69 laps is impressive too.

that's the forge sponsored one I think?

I presume so - although none of my photos show any obvious Forge logos. Didn't manage to find them in the pits (was to busy hidding from the rain by then).
It is an ex-Cupra Championship car. Over the PA the team were explaining that they expect to improve as the season goes on and they get the setup right for the longer britcar races.

wallace

that is indeed the forge logo. can i say thanks to forge for all the help we had getting the car to silverstone, im paul one of the drivers and mark will be registering later.

wallace

thanks, cars great few problems in friday practice, had a few offs car was a little angry, made changes to it friday night. much better on saturday the civic only beat us due running the front tyres for the hole 2 hours and only having the canvas left.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Nice result, well done guys.....I was speaking to Richard at Forge a while back and he said your car had been in for a few mod's.

Can't believe the Civic ran down to the canvas on the tyres, that's plain stupid and more than a bit dangerous

*EDIT* car would look better with a nice Seatcupra.net sticker on it ;)

wallace

hi again not sure how to leave a new message item, myself and mark are running the above cupra in britcar and really need some help finding a good price for drive shaft joints, only we have to replace them every race can someone help

wallace

yer sorry both ends im afraid all four need to be changed its the only weak link on the car, for sprint races they just repacked the jointed with grease, but over a two hour race they give up after silverstone one joint had almost given up the will to live

wallace

mark i have loads of pics for silverstone could you tell me how to post them on the site, im a bit crap at this

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.