• 300 PS and 380 Nm; the most powerful engine in the history of the Brand
  • 4Drive all-wheel drive system and DSG gearbox for the ST version
  • In UK SEAT showrooms from March 2017

Full article

grey-front-1024x577.jpg

Scott

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
I'm really only interested in the 4x4 aspect of the car, and how it handles. Still don't think it's enough of a jump on power to compensate for the awd's added weight.

And I'd refuse left right and centre having a keyless ignition, unless the car had a kill switch... seen to many reports of cars getting stuck in cruise control that have electronic hand brakes and keyless ignition.

Other than that the tech sounds smart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greydar

Jan 1, 2017
North Somerset UK
Damn, my 290 just went out of fashion. Still, I knew it would happen and I bet they want nearly £40K for a top-of-the-range Cupra 300.
4 wheel drive is amazingly sticky, but I can't help agreeing with G.P regarding fun.

delticdave

Dec 17, 2016
Damn, my 290 just went out of fashion. Still, I knew it would happen and I bet they want nearly £40K for a top-of-the-range Cupra 300.
4 wheel drive is amazingly sticky, but I can't help agreeing with G.P regarding fun.

I think that the ST price will start around £34K, but the desirable options might add a bit to the price!

I like the Emocion Red but is it a "good colour" to have come trade-in time?

DC

Last edited:

andycupra

status subject to change
It needs more doing in the looks department. It doesn't appear different enough from the outside.
I'm older than many on here but electronic handbrake and keyless entry are things I don't want.
Wireless phone charging... I initially thought i don't need that, but perhaps it will start to be useful to most in a few years time as currently most phones are not compatible?

I'd like to know what is different in the engine department to get to the 300 mark... If it's not hardware but simply mapping then this would be disappointing

Don't like alloys personally.

But nice to see a 4wd option finally in the UK. Europe had 4wd from early mk1s models..

delticdave

Dec 17, 2016
It needs more doing in the looks department. It doesn't appear different enough from the outside.
I'm older than many on here but electronic handbrake and keyless entry are things I don't want.
Wireless phone charging... I initially thought i don't need that, but perhaps it will start to be useful to most in a few years time as currently most phones are not compatible?

I'd like to know what is different in the engine department to get to the 300 mark... If it's not hardware but simply mapping then this would be disappointing

Don't like alloys personally.

But nice to see a 4wd option finally in the UK. Europe had 4wd from early mk1s models..

The increased power output is probably down to mapping, as for looks, the less obvious the better, at least for us!

DC

andycupra

status subject to change
Red is probably one of the safest colours along with grey when it comes to trade in, they always sell and is not a fashionable 'trend' colour that is popular for a couple of years then not.
To get the best deal for trade in you need to speculate what might be in demand in 3 years or when you plan to trade in. So need to brave and get a colour as its becoming on trend so to speak.. However car manufacturers like seat are not great at reacting quickly to trends.

Red is also easy to keep n good condition.

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
i would imagine the power increase is down to mapping. no engine capacity change or bigger turbo etc.

I see on the picture in thread 1 it has the 4 pot brembos . if they were standard rather than an option that would be nice.

4wd nice for the ST version and will help out with grip and getting the power down.

Greydar

Jan 1, 2017
North Somerset UK
Ummmm... sorry but perhaps it is just me. Isn't the 300 ST just a bit... ugly? It looks like they superglued a bit to the rear end and didn't really bother to match it up that well. The 3 and 5 door versions look fine (though I struggle to spot the difference that comes from the facelift) but I'm not sure I would actually fork out that amount for an ST - unless they are unfortunate camera angles or something:shrug:

delticdave

Dec 17, 2016
Now added UK prices: [

Also - 0-62 times to be confirmed at this stage.

Scott[

/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting, very useful info.

Food for thought, we paid £32.6K (discounted...) for a Golf R Estate (with £8K's worth of options)
in May '16, perhaps we should keep it for a while..........

DC

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
  • 300 PS and 380 Nm; the most powerful engine in the history of the Brand
  • 4Drive all-wheel drive system and DSG gearbox for the ST version
  • In UK SEAT showrooms from March 2017

Full article

grey-front-1024x577.jpg

Scott

Thanks for the continued updates - finding it hugely frustrating that the SEAT website has bot all on it yet, never mind the option to configure so the updates here are great.

Also does anyone know what happened to the alloys in this original pic - really not keen on the ones on the newest pics and if those first ones are an option, it adds yet more cost to an already pricey car.

Decisions, decisions...

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Thanks for the continued updates - finding it hugely frustrating that the SEAT website has bot all on it yet, never mind the option to configure so the updates here are great.

Also does anyone know what happened to the alloys in this original pic - really not keen on the ones on the newest pics and if those first ones are an option, it adds yet more cost to an already pricey car.

Decisions, decisions...

No problems.

I'm pretty sure the alloys as the same as the original pic.

They have the alloy on the outside and then inset gloss black bits.

Scott

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.