Seat Leon Cupra bucket crack in the furniture

Zx7R

Dec 5, 2016
Hi Guys,

This morning I saw a crack in the white material of Cupra bucket seat :(
The white plastic thingie in the corner on driver's side.

I have several questions:
1. Is this known disease of these seats? I have this car almost exactly 3 years, 43K kilometers (26.7K miles).
2. What can be done with it?
3. Does it requires to taking all the seat apart? Pros/Cons?
4. Can it be fixed without sewing? Maybe with some special glue?
5. The crack is on the left side (steering wheel is on the left side, I am not from the UK)

IMG_20191104_091425.jpg

Thanx in advance.

Zx7R

Dec 5, 2016
There is a thread somewhere with everyone in it that has had this problem, a few got it replaced under warrenty, from what I remember it wasn't repaired but replaced

Oh! So it was not just me - this makes me less worried.
I am afraid the warranty is not relevant in my case - it is only 2 years (in my dealership/my country for VAG cars).

Can you tell in a case by what keywords to look for that thread?

Thanks in advance.

Zx7R

Dec 5, 2016
Well, I found a shop (knew about them for several years, since I started to gain interest in cars) - it's a local detailing shop, who does an incredible work - and made fix on both (for symmetry/similarity) front chairs.
The ugly plastic-like material was changed to a real white leather.
Pictures will come later (wanna do them at a day time, just collected my car from the shop).
It's pretty expansive, but my mental health is more expansive for me :headhurt:

hellooo

Nov 2, 2014
Mine did this at 2 years and less than 20,000 miles. Really annoyed, as have always stepped into bucket rather than slide across. Can't vouch for Mrs, but her a55 isn't that big. Flat no from dealer when asked about repair under warranty. Puts me off having another Cupra to be honest. Shame as I love it otherwise.