Rhys

Nov 20, 2018
Hi everyone!

So after a lot of time spent scratching my head searching forums I have come to the conclusion I am totally stuck!

So I have recently brought a cheap seat Leon mk1 cupra the 180bhp 2000 model.

As it was cheap I was aware of a few issues most are taken care of now only one left that I can’t seem to find the solution for is the passenger front door doesn’t lock with central locking it’s as if it’s not even connected,
I can unlock / lock it manually fine but key fob drivers side door lock or buttons do not lock / unlock yet all the other doors work as they should.

Ok so I have replaced the ccm window regulator motor passenger door wireing harness replaced the locking mechanism 3 times and I have even took the exsisting grounds and made sure they were connected to ground and absolutely nothing worked.

The only thing I can think of is the wiring from the ccm to the passenger foot well (where the passenger door harness connects)
Could be at fault but I have searched high and low for a replacement to even test and can’t find it searched for ccm wiring harness under dash etc nothing comes up.

There is only one thing that looks out of place with the ccm wireing harness and that’s a black wire presumably ground that looks like it’s spliced into the existing black wire that goes into the ccm itself.

Can’t make heads or tails out of the wiring diagrams so can’t check with multimeter.

Haven’t got the guts to take the dash out as I haven’t a clue where exactly the ccm wireing Harness goes / connects to,
Maybe it’s something simple like it makes a connection though another connector similar to the window motor.

Dose anyone know anything about this / possible solutions am I barking up the wrong tree with the wiring?

Tia

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Hi mate. I think the easiest way to get some idea, is to get the car plugged into VCDS. That way you can go into the CCM and it has its own fault codes and self diagnosis in the same way the ECU does. You can also view individual componants such as window motors, door locks, door catches etc etc
Having replaced all the parts that you have, i think you're probably on the right lines with the wiring from CCM to that plug.I can't help on where the wiring runs, although it's pretty easy to remove the lower passenger dash panels. I've had to do it a couple of times to get to the fan for the aircon.

You probably already have it, but if not here is a workshop manual for the car. Covers how to remove that bit of the dash etc. https://workshop-manuals.com/seat/l...y-cc/alternator_with_ribbed_trapezoidal_belt/

Rhys

Nov 20, 2018
Hi mate. I think the easiest way to get some idea, is to get the car plugged into VCDS. That way you can go into the CCM and it has its own fault codes and self diagnosis in the same way the ECU does. You can also view individual componants such as window motors, door locks, door catches etc etc
Having replaced all the parts that you have, i think you're probably on the right lines with the wiring from CCM to that plug.I can't help on where the wiring runs, although it's pretty easy to remove the lower passenger dash panels. I've had to do it a couple of times to get to the fan for the aircon.

You probably already have it, but if not here is a workshop manual for the car. Covers how to remove that bit of the dash etc. https://workshop-manuals.com/seat/l...y-cc/alternator_with_ribbed_trapezoidal_belt/
Cheers for the link will look into that and I have also plugged into vdcs although it’s the free version and no codes come up for ccm,

I forgot to mention the left wing mirror also doesn’t work as it’s electric and should adjust from drivers side controls,
I have how ever plugged a spare mirror into both passanger and drivers looms and drivers work as it should so definitely not parts fault.

As for the diagnostic for ccm how would I go about doing that on vcds or is it fine if no faults codes come up?

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Not sure if you can scan the CCM on the free version, but you go into the main menu and then:
'Select control module'
46 'central conv'
Then you can scan for fault codes and Pick individual sensors to view from the menu

From the symptoms you describe i imagine it won't be able to see them anyway, sounds like you have no power to the door at all . Again, from memory the wing mirror takes it's power off of the window motor.

Another resource for you is this http://www.oemepc.com/seat/part_sin...971/subcategory/971081/part_id/1420076/lang/e Might be a little help as to the layout of internal wiring harness. I think numbers 27,28,29,30 are possibly the plugs for the door at the Apillar?? As you can see it seems to just run back into the main harness from there.

Last edited:

Rhys

Nov 20, 2018
I
Not sure if you can scan the CCM on the free version, but you go into the main menu and then:
'Select control module'
46 'central conv'
Then you can scan for fault codes and Pick individual sensors to view from the menu

From the symptoms you describe i imagine it won't be able to see them anyway, sounds like you have no power to the door at all . Again, from memory the wing mirror takes it's power off of the window motor.

Another resource for you is this http://www.oemepc.com/seat/part_sin...971/subcategory/971081/part_id/1420076/lang/e Might be a little help as to the layout of internal wiring harness. I think numbers 27,28,29,30 are possibly the plugs for the door at the Apillar?? As you can see it seems to just run back into the main harness from there.
I will try the vcds thing tomorrow but yes I doubt it will show anything.

And what makes this really strange is that the window motor still works but only on passanger door switch so if I use the drivers main control switches it dose nothing, I have looked into vcds and it detects the input from both switches yet only passenger works.

If only there was a lock button on passenger side that might work .

Thank you for the help I will use that guid to take the dash out as soon as it’s not -5 and check thos pin outs.

Would you k ow what it’s called or where to get a replacement ccm wireing harness I have found something alike but it involves connecting into existing harness and would rather a hole new one.

Rhys

Nov 20, 2018
'Select control module'
46 'central conv'

I believe 96 and 66 are the connectors for the ccm other than the connection to the passanger door harness located near passanger door well it’s one wire and left side is controlled by left connector of ccm and right from the right side.
Looking to be a wireing issue after all I would of thought the rear left would of played up tho?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members