SEAT Leon Cupra From the race track to the road

Eri

Oct 7, 2006
Nope - the first time the 'cupra' was shown was at the British Motorshow
No, I don't mean the actual Cupra but the Ruby red "prototypo":

multimedia.html

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Checked last night and the S3 is running 1.2 bar of boost on this engine, whereas the Cupra is running 0.8 bar.

Given the config is the same, and safety tolerances will apply, do you think we can expect to see 300bhp out of a remap and 1.6 bar of boost?

Considering the S3 is running 261bhp and 258lb/ft with 1.2 bar do you think a remap, a panel filter and a DV will be enough to scrape past the 300bhp figure on either the Cupra or S3?? I don't really want to do any other mods as the cars going back after 3 years.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Considering the S3 is running 261bhp and 258lb/ft with 1.2 bar do you think a remap, a panel filter and a DV will be enough to scrape past the 300bhp figure on either the Cupra or S3?? I don't really want to do any other mods as the cars going back after 3 years.

I guess that depends on the Dyno Warren, I would say yes at Stealth but no at Awesome.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I don't think you'll ever see an S3 do anything at stealth (lack of a rear roller)

don't worry about the boost - that'll control the peak torque - the peak airflow will be the thing that limits it again.

I imagine the 1.55bar MAP sensor will be the limit again.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Probably a bit of both to be honest. 19's should run ok on this chassis with it being rear multi-link etc. But then offset against the accountants, means they've stuck to 18's

Kvmechelen

*ricardo mayorga*
Sep 11, 2005
brembo are cancelled or what??how do you mean??? and can you have brembos as an option later???because thats just what i like those big brakes...

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
If the performance of the Brembo's is less than the standard offerings ( which are massive) begs the question why do i need them, other than for some vain reason, such as how they look?

Kvmechelen

*ricardo mayorga*
Sep 11, 2005
i need them for the looks........the brembos also can take a lot...i think this is only commercial talk from seat to get more money out of the car........i want those bad ass brembos on my cupra or i dont buy one i think..

when you see a car whit big brake kit you know that its something special....if i now take a leon 1.9tdi and place a cupra kit on it who will know the difference?????

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Even if it was the accountant talking, do you really think they care ;) I found the standard Brembo pads on my R worse in some aspects than my previous Leon Cupra.

Only changing the fluid, brake lines and pads do they start to perform as they were supposed to, then the laquer goes brown when you get them too hot.

They can keep them to be honest.