Seat Leon Cupra R - New Fuel Pump, Causing more PROBLEMS!

lisaann1985

Any advice gratefully received!
Fitted a new Fuel pump to my Seat Leon Cupra R 1.8T because it was running like poop, and was holding back and lacking power (already changing AIR FLOW METER, AND ITS NOT COIL PACK).... Now have changing the fuel pump (brand new one) and it hasnt resolved the problem but my Fuel Gauge is now not working either, it sits halfway between empty and 1/4 tank and does not move :( it was fine before the new pump was fitted! Any ideas as to why its doing this, could it be a dodgy fuel pump? or is it just my car is a pile of cr*p? Or does something have to be reset??... or any other other suggestions as to what the problems could be would be great!!!

The initial problem is that my car cannot accelerate, its fine poodling along at 60 but as soon as I put my foot down it starts chugging/ holding back/ spluttering.....

Being overtaken by a Nissan Micra is seriously NOT COOL, so please HELP!!!!

:help:

gaz1211

cupra_gaz
Jun 28, 2014
Leicester
If its after market pump they are a pile of crappie and hardly ever work I had one in my LC when I brought it exact same problem with fuel gauge but also when fuel was low car would cut out in the end I bought a second hand genuine one from some one breaking a leon and worked perfect no issue since

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.