Seat Leon Cupra Widebody AWD Built Engine, Now Interior + Further tuning of engine !

mYGeL

Cupra Widebody
What pins on the instrument cluster have you connected your TOG to mate?
did you check the link i forwarded to you for pins to use?

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5682890-Oil-Temp-on-the-MFD-How-Hard-Can-It-Be-(Part-II

I also got that link thanks again! :)

But it is for MK6 and the Instrument cluster Connector isnt the same as on ours pre facelift. Well it isnt same If you dont have a facelift with the White FIS display.
if i remember right The MK6, Leon Facelift etc.. Has 32 pins.

Pre facelift has 36 pins.

I noticed that before as i wanted to change to the Facelift instrument on my car. :p

But maybe could be same pins any way?
Will have to double check in Elsa Win to see if it is the same pin :)

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
What pins on the instrument cluster have you connected your TOG to mate?
did you check the link i forwarded to you for pins to use?

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5682890-Oil-Temp-on-the-MFD-How-Hard-Can-It-Be-(Part-II

Hi mate. Sorry I'd not been back in touch.

I'd looked at this link when you sent it. I had seen it before whilst searching.

Now when I looked on Elsawin I found this information;

The Pre Facelift cars have a 36 pin connector on the instrument cluster and from what I can see, pin26 on the 36pin plug is for Oil Temperature.

The facelift cars or 2009 onwards have a 32 pin plug on the cluster. Pin 11 on this 32 pin plug is for TOG.

The mk5 golf Gti is wired to pin26 also.

Hopefully, someone may be able to confirm this wiring or not.

I contemplated removing cluster again and trying pin11 but was reluctant to dive in.

mYGeL

Cupra Widebody
this thread is epic... just for the curiosity have you made up a sum of your expenses with the car or are you afraid of how much it will turn up :))
great job!!!

Thanks Mate :D

I did that for a long time ago and didnt like the outcome already then..
and after that it is fully built engine AWD converted GTX3071R turbo kit HEP / Sorensen stage2 Intake brakes etc.. so think i will skip that or i wount be able to sleep for a while haha :)

im well over the purschase cost of it anyway and i Bought it brand new :p

I could just have bought another car.
but at the end annobody has one like me now.. :)
And we only live once, So why not ? :)

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Thanks Mate :D

I did that for a long time ago and didnt like the outcome already then..
and after that it is fully built engine AWD converted GTX3071R turbo kit HEP / Sorensen stage2 Intake brakes etc.. so think i will skip that or i wount be able to sleep for a while haha :)

im well over the purschase cost of it anyway and i Bought it brand new :p

I could just have bought another car.
but at the end annobody has one like me now.. :)
And we only live once, So why not ? :)
Agreed, enjoy it whilst we're here lol

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
Hi mate. Sorry I'd not been back in touch.

I'd looked at this link when you sent it. I had seen it before whilst searching.

Now when I looked on Elsawin I found this information;

The Pre Facelift cars have a 36 pin connector on the instrument cluster and from what I can see, pin26 on the 36pin plug is for Oil Temperature.

The facelift cars or 2009 onwards have a 32 pin plug on the cluster. Pin 11 on this 32 pin plug is for TOG.

The mk5 golf Gti is wired to pin26 also.

Hopefully, someone may be able to confirm this wiring or not.

I contemplated removing cluster again and trying pin11 but was reluctant to dive in.

Does this mean what I think it does? :seatgod:

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
That you've figured out how to wire the TOG sensor in?

Ah. I see.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I've been wired into pin26 since day one. With no joy as you know. I don't "think" pin 11 on our clusters is correct. However, hopefully someone may have an answer to this.

Also to add.

I do get a voltage from pin26 so its not as if there's nothing there. The TOG Sensor works by heating the sensor, depending on how long the sensor takes to cool determines the oil level.

I daren't just willing illy rewire into pin11 IF it may cause damage. Elsawin does say pin 26 for oil temp for our cars, but to be honest there is no real information within Elsawin that I have seen to give conclusive proof as to whether or not it's possible.

I have asked quite a few people and all have been very helpful where they can. What I need is some more brain power on it lol. ie more trying to fit them as appears to be the case here. There is a member of leon2passion, but he has a facelift. It maybe ok for him however, as far as I'm aware he hasn't been successful yet.

Last edited:

Lumby

Jan 26, 2012
mate this is an inspiration! absolutely stunning, you must be well proud of your work buddy.

mYGeL

Cupra Widebody
No, I fine thanks Michel. Just need your ability on the TOG lol. Hopefully between us we maybe able to sort it????

I must also learn to type faster lol

Shame you couldn't attend Gti International.

I hope so i will start very soon with this maybe this weekend or some day this week. just need to find time. Also need to change ABS module and fix the exhaust leak in DP somewhere :p

I agree! I really wanted to come there but my economy didnt allow that this time :/ Quite much money needed to do that trip. :p

Agreed, enjoy it whilst we're here lol

[B)]

:D

Ah. I see.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I've been wired into pin26 since day one. With no joy as you know. I don't "think" pin 11 on our clusters is correct. However, hopefully someone may have an answer to this.

Also to add.

I do get a voltage from pin26 so its not as if there's nothing there. The TOG Sensor works by heating the sensor, depending on how long the sensor takes to cool determines the oil level.

I daren't just willing illy rewire into pin11 IF it may cause damage. Elsawin does say pin 26 for oil temp for our cars, but to be honest there is no real information within Elsawin that I have seen to give conclusive proof as to whether or not it's possible.

I have asked quite a few people and all have been very helpful where they can. What I need is some more brain power on it lol. ie more trying to fit them as appears to be the case here. There is a member of leon2passion, but he has a facelift. It maybe ok for him however, as far as I'm aware he hasn't been successful yet.

i think we will find out this somehow very soon :)

mate this is an inspiration! absolutely stunning, you must be well proud of your work buddy.

Last edited:

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Hi Michel,

Do you need to change the ABS control unit to get the ABS/ESP working, or the pump as well?

mYGeL

Cupra Widebody
Hi Michel,

Do you need to change the ABS control unit to get the ABS/ESP working, or the pump as well?

Hello Dan,

Yes you will need to change to Module. I bought the whole pump with module as i found it quite cheap togheter at Ebay. I havent changed mine yet so im stil driving without ESP ABS.

But will change it shortly. Car runs fine with out it but i have locked my tyres some times when braking hard and dont like that.

Cheers

mYGeL

Cupra Widebody
Woke upp this morning to this :D

http://www.turbosmart.com.au/news/mean-green-euro-machine

This made my day and made this week feel much better and also very happy over this!! :D

http://www.turbosmart.com.au/

ts_logo.png

Last edited:

mYGeL

Cupra Widebody
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.