Seat Leon Cupra Widebody AWD Built Engine, Now Interior + Further tuning of engine !

mYGeL

Cupra Widebody
Got little on the car done this weekend :)

First i thought it was the Vband that leaked exhaust betven turbo and downpipe.

but we found out that it was exhaust manifold and again the gasket betven WG and manifold.

so we took everything apart did our own gasket from a asbest plate. old school but works very good my friend said.. :)

Then we fixed the leak betven engine and E.manifold. And also rewelded the WG Downpipe that came in the kit. as it must be because of the construction of it the gaskets get blown all the time. Now with a flexi part welded on it. Will leave it to coater soon also.

And now with the modification on it i it doesnt need to be forced in place. So it should be same stress when cold hot cold etc.. And hopefully it will be good now.

411933_10150899934105168_1146322827_o.jpg

202397_10150899932670168_1307654818_o.jpg

And also changed the ABS module to one from a S3

heres before Coding and basic settings.
560918_10150899936760168_302076720_n.jpg

will go to my friend to try and get the remaining 2-3 Faultcodes away with a Real VW VAS computer.

And getting a bit nervous that the one i bought is broken or something??
but i was guaranteed it was fully working..
But it can be that i need to code and adapt with real VAS and we will try that later today.

the 2 ones i remeber that cant get away is
00493, ESP Sensor unit G419
01279, Longitudinal Accelaration Sensor

So still no ABS or ESP. :(

i hope not as it is a hell to change them and cost quite much money with 5liters of brake fluid to install it.. this time i put ATE Super Blue Racing brake fluid,
instead of motul RBF 600 i usually use, as it was out of stock.
but this is the same fluid as my friend that races with a Supercopa in 8hours races so should work for me if it works for them :)

And why not test new things :)

Also changed the oil adn filter so fresh oil again.
Castrol Edge racing 10w-60

Also tested so AWD still worked and it did :p
https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150899940600168

We was supposed to do the Dyno and mapping this weekend after fixing the leaks and so.
But the Time ran away so we couldnt do that.. :cry:

Hopefully soon. Quite annoying.
Car runs good but still want all the Horses to wake upp now!... xD

Last edited:

mYGeL

Cupra Widebody
Looking forward your dyno!!
V-tech remap it is ?

Me too :D

Yes V-tech. Talked to Marc also but so far to drive there. And Im happy with all work V-tech has done on my car and all support and help thrue the years :D

With little luck maybe i will get a time Later today or tommorow on dyno for some mapping. But i will need quite much luck for it to happen.

So im keepping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:

mYGeL

Cupra Widebody
We coded and did basic settings so ABS is Working Now !! :D

ESP still doesnt work. And we looked in ETKA and discovered why.
The AWD cars doesnt share the same ESP Duo Sensor so got the part number now and hunt begins. It is a quite expensive part :p Hope i'll find one good priced.

But ESP isnt as important as the ABS i think and feels good i got that sorted anyway :)
lets see if i can find one of them on internet somewhere.

Also printed ELSAWIN diagrams for the TOG sensor so will do the first part today and pin the cable behond Speedo. Also got the right contact for the tog sensor. but dont have a lift here at work so will first do the first part inside the car and then maybe later today or after the weekend connect and try to code it in and hope that it will work :)

And On thursday im on the way to Gatebil Rudskogen and would like to test it on track but only if it works good :) And hope that they will be able and find some time to get it on Dyno and do some mapping :D

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
V-tech are supposed to be good from, what i am reading on the forums.

Marc = Revo Denmark (for readers information)

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
We coded and did basic settings so ABS is Working Now !! :D

ESP still doesnt work. And we looked in ETKA and discovered why.
The AWD cars doesnt share the same ESP Duo Sensor so got the part number now and hunt begins. It is a quite expensive part :p Hope i'll find one good priced.

But ESP isnt as important as the ABS i think and feels good i got that sorted anyway :)
lets see if i can find one of them on internet somewhere.

Also printed ELSAWIN diagrams for the TOG sensor so will do the first part today and pin the cable behond Speedo. Also got the right contact for the tog sensor. but dont have a lift here at work so will first do the first part inside the car and then maybe later today or after the weekend connect and try to code it in and hope that it will work :)

And On thursday im on the way to Gatebil Rudskogen and would like to test it on track but only if it works good :) And hope that they will be able and find some time to get it on Dyno and do some mapping :D

Hi Michel

Would you care to share the info you have for the TOG Sensor please mate?

mYGeL

Cupra Widebody
V-tech are supposed to be good from, what i am reading on the forums.

Marc = Revo Denmark (for readers information)

Yes you are right :)

Hi Michel

Would you care to share the info you have for the TOG Sensor please mate?

yes of course. just pinned me in to the 36pin connector behind Speedo To Pin 26

Just the 2 cables from the Tog Connector to attach later today maybe if i get some time over.

Is this Marc Sorensen then?

yes a good friend of mine :)

mYGeL

Cupra Widebody
531634_10150906810580168_2136286453_n.jpg

TOG Connector:
Pin 3 ---> Pin 26 in 36pin Connector behind Speedo
Pin 2 ---> Negative Connection
Pin 1 ---> 15+ Connection

Then i have to test how coding and so should be done.
But we succesed with coding it so the Second Fuellevelsensor worked when attached there on the speedo even tough Cupra Speedos shouldnt work with it.

So i hope we will get lucky here also :)

177553_10150906811725168_625043494_o.jpg

just little left. but have to start working now :p So after work :)

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
Michel, let us know how it goes when you tested to re code with VCDS.
Cupra R has already tried to connect and re code without any success. Correct me if i am wrong.

mYGeL

Cupra Widebody
Cupra R has already tried to connect and re code without any success. Correct me if i am wrong.

Yes i know. But have to test :)

I didnt succed with programming it with second fuelevel sensor either using VCDS.

But when using the VAG VAS Computer we succeded :)

Quite funny when you connect VCDS or VAS to my car now. Depending on wich module you check it says it is a Seat Altea freetrack XL and VIN Number starts with TMB something and thats a Skoda VIN number..

All after playing around to get everything working with VAS computer xD

but everything works as we want.

So i think or atleast hope we can get this working also :)

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site

This is true.

I have wired to pin 26. I believe this has worked and has a good connection as I get a voltage from the cable.

Michel. I think I tried every avenue. However your issue with coding and having to use VAS gives me hope.

I have my fingers crossed.

On a plus note, the recent update to the Polar FIS now shows Exhaust Gas Temp too. Just need to get oil temp on and I'm happy ;-)

mYGeL

Cupra Widebody
This is true.

I have wired to pin 26. I believe this has worked and has a good connection as I get a voltage from the cable.

Michel. I think I tried every avenue. However your issue with coding and having to use VAS gives me hope.

I have my fingers crossed.

On a plus note, the recent update to the Polar FIS now shows Exhaust Gas Temp too. Just need to get oil temp on and I'm happy ;-)

Ok i hope we can solve this. if not then there nothing to do :p
Then im stuck with my 52mm Oil temp gauge. But prefeer it in the FIS display.

So im hoping it will work out well :)

Yes i noticed that but i havent updated it yet. But will do it later today.
car is in the garage at work so think i will run out soon to get it :)

mYGeL

Cupra Widebody
Any pictures?

i know some people that did take some pictures of it when on track. but so far i only have been mmsed this one from a friend but with a Cellphone camera and from little distance..

But as son as i get or find pics from when on track i can post them upp :)

560948_10151101578141468_590465664_n.jpg

I did Borrow on the last session a Gopro camera. and started it when i thought it was my lanes turn to go out on track. But had to wait 15 mins more. and forgot to shut it off.
And when back in pit i discovered that6 the battery was empty!! :doh:

mYGeL

Cupra Widebody
Is engine running right now?

Yes it is running. it has been all time. Just the b#¤%#%¤ gasket betveen WG and E.manifold that i have had some problems with. And actually it has broke on the last lap again!! :/
But we took everything apart again yesterday and will leave do some modifications so we dont need the gasketno more as i hate it! dont know the english words for the things we are doing now but i can take some pics of it.

Just that the car isn't fully mapped yest because of that and there was no time for Dyno and Mapping the car before i left. But it behaved good on the track. Love the AWD and Pirelli Corsa Tyres i was very impressed of the handling of the car :D

Heres some pics betven sessions.

Ready from checkout so it was ok to go to track :)

336353_10150913257515168_1826839222_o.jpg

On the way to first session
339467_10150910937560168_312925175_o.jpg

front left tyre after first session.
334174_10150913261160168_2076778122_o.jpg

Right tyre
336033_10150913259575168_912738151_o.jpg

rear look the same but didnt get any god pics of them :p

Cooling down and waiting for next session..
170446_10150913262850168_267121677_o.jpg

DSC_0085PS.jpg

i can post upp some track pics later when i get hold of some. :)

Last edited:

mYGeL

Cupra Widebody
just recieved the new ESP modul to fit and work with AWD.

Completly Different ESP module on the Quattro/4motion cars.
So the OEM one in my doesnt work at all.

hope this is the last thing i need to change.. :p quite expensive little box. Well i got lucky an found one for right price this time but anyway all ads up...

241882_10150918610310168_1185544907_o.jpg

and really dont need the ESP i think. it worked perfectly on track and street also.
But i hate fault codes. and want everything to work and still i can press ESP button to switch it off.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members