Seat Leon Cupra Widebody AWD Built Engine, Now Interior + Further tuning of engine !

mYGeL

Cupra Widebody
Very happy you have found out how to get the oil temp working. Spent loads of time trying to work it out with VCDS. VAS machine it is then.

Yes VAS should do the trick :)
But did you try to open the module up with security acces code and try coding after that? so both 38, 39 is activated? and changed to flexible service. Long life.
with VCDS. I gave upp as my security access code didnt work to acces that way. and the code is there and also googled it and all i can find is the same code but it was denied..

VAS helped me with other things we didnt have any luck and failed with the VCDS also.

Cheers mate. PM replied to. ;-)

:D

I'm sure its in thread somewhere but to save some time, roughly what bhp and torque is this car now running and is it still on the garret gt30? have you found 4 wd much better on the track than fwd [even with a diff] after allowing for extra weight and drag etc??

as of now i have no clue something betven 240-550 ? its long from fully mapped.
Goal is 500hp+ but we will se what we will end upp with on Dyno very soon :) yes but GTX 3071r
but as it is may Daily driver we wont push everything to the limits as i need to be able to use it daily but as much that we feel is safe and hopefully that is around 500+- :)

besides the power with stock coils i am very anxious to test and se how much the Plasma Projects coils will do :)

Last edited:

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
Also some Bonus pics :p

483992_10150928380470168_889703417_n.jpg

602489_10150928465935168_1578159781_n.jpg

My favourites!
I'd like to come to stockholm and lend your photographers!! :D

mYGeL

Cupra Widebody
been bad on updates sorry..

tried sort out some issues on car and we will test to change cams and put new lifters in the head maybe today or tomorow. recieved parts today. so i have new Lifters, S3 cams, and camchain and tensioner.

Hopefully we can mount them today and if everything works good now. we can finally do Dyno
and especially looking forward to the the OKADA Projects Plasma Direct coilpacks.
To se the difference against OEM on my engine :)

here is another test with Plasma Coils on the TFSI So looking good. :)
http://www.eurotuner.com/techarticl...ts_ignition_coils_audi_fsi_motor/viewall.html

anhd also looking forward to se some Dyno results finally :)

Last edited:

2fast4you

I was wondering if you can help me ???
I'm building a Golf Rallye with a 2.0 TFSI k04 (CDL) engine. I'm using the golf GTI mk5 wiring
because I'm using the MK5 ABS, the MK5 dashboard ...Mk5 everything :)
I bought the MK5 GTI wiring because the R32 uses a different ECU. I was wondering IF you maybe keep your schemes for the Haldex ??? And IF you are wiling to share???

I cant post an URL but you can find it on VWvortex, VAGOC.co.uk and other forums ;)

My Regards ;)

mYGeL

Cupra Widebody
I was wondering if you can help me ???
I'm building a Golf Rallye with a 2.0 TFSI k04 (CDL) engine. I'm using the golf GTI mk5 wiring
because I'm using the MK5 ABS, the MK5 dashboard ...Mk5 everything :)
I bought the MK5 GTI wiring because the R32 uses a different ECU. I was wondering IF you maybe keep your schemes for the Haldex ??? And IF you are wiling to share???

I cant post an URL but you can find it on VWvortex, VAGOC.co.uk and other forums ;)

My Regards ;)

interresting :) Can you PM link of you cant post here? :)

of course i can try to help will try to find everything again. and post here nothing secret with it :) And if i can help i will no problems. :)

Only Haldex you need to know?

Cheers

2fast4you

:happy: Well basically everything you had to wire up to get the Haldex working ;)
And THANKS!!!

2fast4you

Can you send me the Altea wiring schemes ??? PDF or what you have ???
PLS :)

mYGeL

Cupra Widebody
May as well post them here Michel, you never know who may follow in your footsteps lol.

sure :)

here the Haldex 16 Pin Connector:

Haldex 6 pin connector:

Pin 1: 15 power, L2 contector on J519 module
Pin 2: Negative(earth?) Connection
Pin 3: Brake Switch, E2 connector on J519 Module
Pin 4: Unused.
Pin 5: CAN-Low, T20K Pin 16 on J533 Module
Pin 6: CAN-High, T20K Pin 6 On J533 Module

mYGeL

Cupra Widebody
Cheers man. Slight problem I have no idea how to read german lol... So I fail lol

You can change language on the website ;)

no updates for some time.. didn't you do anythiong to the cas during this time?

No have had so much with different shows and events and also been in Italy on Formula 1. :D

Also we have had some headache wth the car. and tested many routes with different software and so.

I think i will have to open upp the engine this winter and se if we can find something wrong.

Car still runs and i drive it daily but still something isnt right we think. We will do some more test before we open it upp. Hoping it will be something easy, dont want to open it upp :p

What is cas?

mYGeL

Cupra Widebody
With regards to Cas, I think it's a typo and should be car.

aha :)
Ok. Well I have been experimenting with different softwares and versions and so to try to se wich gives more hp and so.
Sometimes it is good to have 2 Ecus.. Much easier then..
but all end upp just about same RL times so i figure its about same Hp. as it is measured on same road and place..

So I think I will open engine upp and Lower CR with other Pistons this winter to lower my EGT And be able to add more timing to compansate the lower CR.

I have 10:5.1
Think i will need 9:5.1 Or 9:8.1 ?

Everybody i Talk to says different so im not sure yet what to do.. :p :/

But i do know i Have to High EGT's... So will have to do something..

Looking in to Cams also Schrick or Catcams. But not sure yet if it is worth it?

Cheers Michel. Saved for a rainy day ;-)

Heres some more for the Rainy Day ;)

i used Gen2 Haldex. So the wiring applies to that Haldex. Might be same on Later gen but i dont know?

besides that you also need to code in and attach the second fuellevel sender

Pin 1 - to ground connection
Pin 2 - Cluster Control Module (J285) 36-pin connetor Pin 16
Pin 3 - (J285) 36-pin connetor Pin 23

Also you need to change ABS Pump to one that supports the AWD or you wont have ABS. Everything will work but no ABS.

1K0614517AB is the pump with module i used.

and also ESP sensor to one that supports the AWD.

This one i used its from a Golf AWD: 7H0 907 652 A
You will need to change it to one from a AWD car, only them use them that supports AWD but looks exactly the same as the one that is fitted already.

it is same contact and everything. it is under the passenger seat. :)

Last edited:

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Have you fit an EGT sensor Michel? What temps are you seeing?

If you have fitted one and already said in this thread I apologise, there's that much info in this thread I can't remember it all lol.

mYGeL

Cupra Widebody
Have you fit an EGT sensor Michel? What temps are you seeing?

If you have fitted one and already said in this thread I apologise, there's that much info in this thread I can't remember it all lol.

Yes i have one mounted but sensor got toasted dont know if it broke because of to high EGT or for the backfires when Launching or doing WOT shiftings and all Bangs from Exhaust. :p
I have a new one that i can put there, But Havent mounted the new sensor in yet as it showed a bit over 1000c when on wot and still believe that is to high to be safe.

You can se where it is placed on Manifold a couple of pages back when i drilled in to the manifold and mounted the turbo kit in end of AWD conversion :)

now i only have EGT functional in the FIS and when on WOT it hits Maximum reading of 999celsius..

To high if you ask me. And nomather what software or tune i have in it does reach that reading.

thats why i Believe the CR is to High for my Turbo and boost.

So maybe will need to go back to drawingboard and change pistons or put thicker headgasket?

besides the High Egts Car runs ok for my weight and so 1820 with full tank and me in it..
Just that i want a safe engine with lower EGTs as it is my daily driver..

Actually Butt Dyno didnt expect it to perform as it does..

Heres Some videos on youtube,

Lamborghini Gallardo LP520 vs Seat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP8YC-M1uKg&feature=plcp
Race 1 of 2 Next video comming up later.. :)

Corvette C6 Z06 vs Seat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I__18w0pVIA&feature=plcp

Heres 2 when i did Bad shifting and missed 5th gear.. :p

Mercedes C63AMG Kleeman 580hp vs Seat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDoL-tvC3Ok&feature=plcp

Porsche 996 Turbo St1 vs Seat

it will come some more videos later.. :)

next year "maybe" lower CR and compensate with more agressive timing and have safer EGTs :)

then heres 2 videos

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.