Seat Leon electric windows advice please

sealover1

Oct 29, 2012
Seat Leon electric windows advice please
as you can see in the photos the window cable had come out or broken on the passenger side and the window dropped, so I bought a new kit off ebay for £9.99 but now stuck as the main agents want £90 for the kit to repair it but all I need is the 4 pop rivets but I got no ideal what size they are or if I can replace them with nut & bolt.
can anyone help please??

37167530_10210360097633350_6864107292405530624_n.jpg
37178592_10210360097513347_5543536554057662464_n.jpg

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
There's 3 ways to repair these...

1. Replace the entire regulator carrier panel
2. Drill the rivets out and replace the regulator mechanism.
3. Buy a repair kit for about £6 which gives you the cables and plastic runner clips that snap.

Either way there's no way I'd pay £90 for this job to be carried out.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: sealover1

sealover1

Oct 29, 2012
No that was £90 just for the seat main agent part not with any work, This is what I bought for £9.99 from ebay but there is no pop rivets with it and I have to drill them out of the panel to get to the broken part. my problem is what size are the pop rivets to be used to replace the drilled out ones, I rang seat but they wont tell me they want me to spend £90 I just need the pop rivets size that's all
s-l1600.jpg

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
You don't need to drill the rivets out to replace those parts though.
Only if you're swapping the regulator rails.

I'm assuming your glass has dropped into the door cavity due to broken clips or snapped cable.

If you remove the motor from the carrier panel you'll be able slide the glass back up enough to access the clamping bolts so that you can remove the glass completely.

Once this is out you can simply unbolt the regulator carrier panel from the door and repair it away from the car.

sealover1

Oct 29, 2012
No I pulled the glass up and pegged it to stop it slipping, it did fill like it was still connected as it was hard to pull up,
if you look at the 1st photo you can see the WINDOW REGULATOR wire sticking through the panel, not even sure if its snapped it looks like its just come off the WINDOW REGULATOR
I have never seen inside the inner panel so this would be a 1st time job for me, I did undo all the gold colour inner panel bolts but it still wont come off, would it be the glass holding it on or is there some other parts that need to come off to get the inner panel off?

thanks for your help

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
You need flip open the 2 large rubber grommet covers.
Pull the glass up or down until you can see the clamping bolts inside.
Undo both and you can then take the glass out from the top.
The regulator panel will not come off the door until this is done.

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
If the panel has never been off before you may need to prise it around the edges to get it start as its sealed against the door.
Bare in mind once off you'll need to renew this seal with butyl rubber strip or you soon be paddling your feet.

sealover1

Oct 29, 2012
yea I know all about the sealing the panel as had to do them all myself couple of years ago but never took the panel off just put sealant round it and worked a treat,
so once the window clamping bolts are taken off the inner panel will come away does the door lock have to be taken off just seen on a similar car you had to take the door lock off

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
The door locking mechanism is attached to regulator panel by 3 black plastic rivets.
Punch them out and it becomes sepetate.
Don't worry about snapping the rubbish tab behind as its only purpose is for factory assembly.
I bin them everytime and I've stripped **** loads of these.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
There's 3 ways to repair these...

1. Replace the entire regulator carrier panel
2. Drill the rivets out and replace the regulator mechanism.
3. Buy a repair kit for about £6 which gives you the cables and plastic runner clips that snap.

Either way there's no way I'd pay £90 for this job to be carried out.

I went with.....number one. Two attempts to buy the right panel. Bora panel doesn't fit only cost £5 so no loss

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.