Seat Leon FR Ambient Lighting problem!

Apr 7, 2019
Hey guys, I am new the site, and i am so excited to be here. So last week, i got my 2015 Seat Leon FR ST 184 bhp.
Loving the car, it's a dream to drive (obviously) - but!

The previous owner refitted some sort of android headunit, which is fine, I've actually spoken to him on the phone (Car was bought from a dealer), and he explained me the system - great.

Obviously since it is not the standard radio, some of the original setting are missing, including most of the lighting/ambient settings. I thought that the footwells were able to go red as, well or i could be wrong?
the door lighting goes red as i press the sport mode, but i do not have the option to make it red whenever i want.

The android system is fine, but i guess i'd rather have the original (Which he actually has been so nice of him to give, so i can try it out.) Also the steering wheel buttons ain't working but that's another story.

So long story short - Should i be able to make the footwells go red?

Thank you in advance, really appreciate it Seat-friends.

Your boy, JohhnySeagull.

andyrich

Ateca 1.5 FR Sport 150
Mar 10, 2015
No only the doors go red. Don't even go red on my FR Sport with the ambient light pack. get a red marker pen and colour the lens in, works a treat

Apr 7, 2019
Yeah, i was thinking about doing that, i think it looks, great, and if it is a bit too red, i could always dim the lighting....

Deleted member 103408

From Memory the door strips on your car supported Red, White and Pink (Both Red and White on at the same time). The footwell lights are just white, however a number of people got a thin red wrap or even just a red marker pen and changed them to red but this is obviously a Permanent change. I am guessing you could also buy an Red bulb.

With regards to the changing the ambient lighting if you have Carista or OBD11 or VCDS then you can code them to be red all the time and to flash on and off when you indicate (good at night time but waste of time the rest of the day).

Or you can just buy yourself an ambient lighting kit for the car (From ebay or such)

Apr 7, 2019
Yeah, i really wanted to get an OBD11, those things are awesome - I don't have much experience with coding in general. Looking into getting one of those defining. Thanks for the quick and straight reply, appreciate it ya'll.

Deleted member 103408

Coding is easy but I would suggest you wait for at least 5 days as they are bringing out a new Dongle which is supposed to be supporting both Android and IOS.

Cheriton

Mar 3, 2019
Portsmouth
Hi JohnySeagull,
I have a 2015 Leon FR, with regards to the door ambient lighting Eco mode is white, Normal mode is white and Sport mode is red. I have changed the user setting to be the same set up as standard Normal mode but with red door lighting. Foot well lighting is white.

Feb 9, 2021
Hi JohnySeagull,
I have a 2015 Leon FR, with regards to the door ambient lighting Eco mode is white, Normal mode is white and Sport mode is red. I have changed the user setting to be the same set up as standard Normal mode but with red door lighting. Foot well lighting is white.
What did you set it at to do this

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.