Seat Leon Mk1 Door Won't Close!

LENNY16

Hi,

I have just had to replace the window regulator on the passenger side of my Mk 1 Leon.

All was going according to plan until I went to refit the original door lock module/actuator/mechanism.

I have never had a problem with the mechanism before and it has always worked fine with the central locking etc ruling out any historic issues with the microswitches (I guess!)

However now that it is all back in and ready to go, when I try and close the door, the lock mechanism does not engage and latch onto the metal 'U' clamp on the main body of the car!

Consequently it just hits the car and bounces back again without closing! Weird?! :confused:

Has anybody experienced this and can anybody help?! :cry:

My car is currently parked as close to my house side wall as possible as I can't close the damn door!

Many thanks in advance for your help and suggestions!

Lee

LENNY16

Hi Simon (Toxic),

The metal silver coloured 'U' clamp attached to the main body of the car (on the cental pillar) seems to line up to the latch fine.

The clamp/latch on the lock mech itself in the door is in the Open position at present.

When I try and close it manually with a screwdriver for example, it doesn't lock in place either. It simply springs back to the Open position.

Does that make sense?

Your help is appreciated!

Thanks

Lee

xJoeTx

Dec 12, 2018
Hi Simon (Toxic),

The metal silver coloured 'U' clamp attached to the main body of the car (on the cental pillar) seems to line up to the latch fine.

The clamp/latch on the lock mech itself in the door is in the Open position at present.

When I try and close it manually with a screwdriver for example, it doesn't lock in place either. It simply springs back to the Open position.

Does that make sense?

Your help is appreciated!

Thanks

Lee

Hi Lenny16
Was wondering how you got this sorted as mine Is doing the same as yours previously did

Headsnap

Aug 14, 2014
Oxfordshire
Hi Lenny16
Was wondering how you got this sorted as mine Is doing the same as yours previously did

I had some issues with mine last year in the cold. If it is due to low temperatures (and not because for whatever reason you’ve removed the lock mechanism) try and warm up the mechanism and spray some penetrant on it (3 in 1 or WD40). Then actuate the mechanism with a flat blade screwdriver to simulate closing it and pull the door handle to open it. Do this a few times and hopefully it should be back to normal.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise