Seat Leon MK2 timing belt change intervals

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
It's had its services but the cam belt n pump hasn't been changed or if it has I've no proof of it being done as it's not be put in the book but loads of other service has. Even so the car drives fantastic

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
It's had its services but the cam belt n pump hasn't been changed or if it has I've no proof of it being done as it's not be put in the book but loads of other service has. Even so the car drives fantastic

What you selling it for price wise? If I was buying I would want it done too or a deduction to cover it if the car wasnt cheap anyways maybe it's worth getting it done you can get a cheaper 1 than 350 just none genuine.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
I bought the car from a guy I know at a garage n he added bits to make fully working in every department. Low mileage so it seems like I good idea n I ended up paying £1300 for it! Now the guy that wants to buy it offered me 750! I obviously put if for sale at 1000 as I know it's worth that much.. And £1000 for a fully working car isn't asking alot.. There isn't any issues with it.

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
I bought the car from a guy I know at a garage n he added bits to make fully working in every department. Low mileage so it seems like I good idea n I ended up paying £1300 for it! Now the guy that wants to buy it offered me 750! I obviously put if for sale at 1000 as I know it's worth that much.. And £1000 for a fully working car isn't asking alot.. There isn't any issues with it.

Is it a mk2? What year £1000 Is cheap if it's mk2 and in good condition I wouldn't be accepting £750 but it may be worth getting it done maybe put price up a little to get something back it's just some1 buying won't know how it's been driven and how worn the belt is so would be nice to buy with belt done.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
if seat changed at 60.000 then should be fine to 120.000......did mine at 70.000 and again at 135.000 and running fine...old belt was wearing but could have done another 20.000 before any concern...suggest you ask if was actually done or checked,as an advisory if getting done change water pump at same time...its worth it in long run...

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
if seat changed at 60.000 then should be fine to 120.000......did mine at 70.000 and again at 135.000 and running fine...old belt was wearing but could have done another 20.000 before any concern...suggest you ask if was actually done or checked,as an advisory if getting done change water pump at same time...its worth it in long run...

Who are you replying to? The original post was 6 years ago.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.