[Seat][Leon mk2] vibrating standing still

Juusta

Hello guys,

i was wondering if someone could help me out.

I got a seat leon 2006 1.6 sport-up, at the moment i got some strange vibrating feelings from the car when standing still. When i'm driving i got no problems, but as soon as i stop the car in front of the stop lights i got some vibrating feelings through the car.

It is not all the time but just randomly pops up every now & then.

Anyone got an idea what to do about it or what it could be.

thanks!!

Scotty2hotty

The futures bright...
Mar 30, 2010
Newcastle
I have the same issue on my 2.0 pd140. Could be a number of things, but most likely the dual mass flywheel. I say issue, but after alot of reading up on this I don't believe it is a problem other than it shaking a little when idle.

It could also be a faulty egr, ecu or a loose engine mount, however my mates 1.9 pd130 passat judders at idle too. I think its just a personality tbh. You should sit in my dads Aston Martin V8 Vantage X-pack when it idles...its like sitting in an earthquake. So I believe it is the flywheel, nothing to worry about.

Just one of many noises, judders little niggles that initially worry you (as it did with me, but turns out all of them are common). I also have a really noisey (owl like) turbo too. Plus I have sevral internal rattles now.

If you want to know more you can always search the forum for this topic by typing in the top right box, lots of old threads you can rejuvenate. [B)]

Co2

May 2, 2007
The "owl noise" is pretty easy to fix! Do a quick search and you'll certainly find the bulletin number that addresses it!

The idle judders are pretty common. Mine does it too. They are almost only noticeable for someone really experienced with the car. I take it more like scotty said, personality!

:D

Scotty2hotty

The futures bright...
Mar 30, 2010
Newcastle
I know exactly what causes the owl noise, and the solution is not rectified by that recommended in said bulletin ;) Its not really a problem as such...just another part of its "personality"

I meant it as an example of how a noise that initially worries you turns out to be nothing of concern. :)

Juusta

For the vibrating feeling i tried to look something up at this forum but i don't know the exact words to look for because i'm dutch and dunno the right words to look this problem up right now.

Seems that juddling as well might work?

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
I have the same issue on my 2.0 pd140. Could be a number of things, but most likely the dual mass flywheel. I say issue, but after alot of reading up on this I don't believe it is a problem other than it shaking a little when idle.

It could also be a faulty egr, ecu or a loose engine mount, however my mates 1.9 pd130 passat judders at idle too. I think its just a personality tbh. You should sit in my dads Aston Martin V8 Vantage X-pack when it idles...its like sitting in an earthquake. So I believe it is the flywheel, nothing to worry about.

Just one of many noises, judders little niggles that initially worry you (as it did with me, but turns out all of them are common). I also have a really noisey (owl like) turbo too. Plus I have sevral internal rattles now.

If you want to know more you can always search the forum for this topic by typing in the top right box, lots of old threads you can rejuvenate. [B)]

1.6 petrol does no have a DMF, i would have thought more likely a knackered engine mount for a 1.6 n/a

Juusta

just looked for the noise today again, but found out that when i'm on a small hill or something where the road is slightly upwards the vibrations are becoming bigger.

Has this nothing to do with the flywheel or is it also the engine mount probably?

Scotty2hotty

The futures bright...
Mar 30, 2010
Newcastle
I would get it seen to straight away, sounds like and engine mount then. Could also be misfiring, but this would be far worse.

Do you get any judder or feedback through the steering wheel when this happens? If so it could be an inner cv joint (just a thought).

You best bet is to take it to a garage to have it properly checked out. Most likely an engine mount

Juusta

nothing through the steering wheel,

guess i'll have to call tomorrow to the garage if they could help me next week, the sooner the better.

anything i have to ask for as well, have to mention the engine mount and the vibrating. Mayb want them to read out if there are any faults as well ?