Seat Leon S 1.9 TDI 2003

Exibit

Hi all

I have just bought Seat Leon S 1.9 TDI 2003 , this is my first Seat

I have had 3 golf's from new as company cars though have just changed jobs and as I have to fund the car I had read that a Seat Leon was a similar car to the VW/Audi

So am really pleased with the car though have noticed a couple of things, I can provide pictures/video if required

Fuel release button (By the hand brake) does not function press the button the flap does not open

Paint work is in great condition though the drivers wing mirror has pit makrs from what looks like small stone chips, the bonnet of the car has the same kinds of marks - Respray required, will sort this

The rear foot wells are soaking wet really bad in fact today I placed a wash leather in there and rang it out 5 times to try and remove soem of the water, I did notice this when I went to see the car for the first time though the owner said that the drivers window had been broken and the car left out in the rain before he fixed the window. We had soem hevey rain a few days before so I gave hime the benefit of the doubt. I did also find a few small bits of glass under the front pass seat.

In the boot of the car there was a Cupra rear spoiler in grey though my car is black is it worth fitting this ?

Key fob of the key did not lock the car when pressed though I changed the battery and now thats working fine

Gear Gaitor is cracked and worn I have oreded a new one and will replace easy job I hope

Side lights did not work have changed the buld and they are now working

Exibit

Gear Gaitor fitted, next issue is trying to sort out the water on the drivers side rear and front,

The Joker

Dec 13, 2011
Liversedge
Is the water in the footwells if so its prob the same leak that happens in all Leon's if you search there is a thread for sorting I've the same problem just need some time off to sort it

Exibit

Yes drivers and rear passenger footwell (driver side) I see a couple of threads on the forum regarding water leaking in the car

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.