SEAT Leon Strut brace

edc

Blue Leather & Shiny Bits
Feb 8, 2002
Surrey
www.clairecoileytrust.com
I remember a few of you were looking for strut braces and not sure whether you had any success finding one.

Well I just got off the phone to Des @ Banshee and he tells me they can supply them at £54.99 + P&P. Member's get a further 10% discount -see the Discount forum for instructions.

EDIT:

Audi S3 strut braces prices and part numbers on page 7 (correct at date of post)

Last edited:

LEO LION R

if you need to ask . . .
Mar 25, 2002
on the edge
Is that for the nice shiny looking one, or the one that looks a bit sturdier ?

Also has anyone completed the fitting a strut brace guide yet ?

:cheers:

edc

Feb 8, 2002
Surrey
Originally posted by LEO LION R
Is that for the nice shiny looking one, or the one that looks a bit sturdier ?

Also has anyone completed the fitting a strut brace guide yet ?

Don't think so. It's orange/red ish colour - what's the 'sturdier' one??

There is a chromed and polished one being developed by Banshee Motorsport for Ibiza.

I suppose if enough of you contact Des @ Banshee with a request for a chrome Leon brace then they can do the same.

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
What is the general opinion. Do they make much difference, I know they do on a race circuit etc, but everyday use?

and I wonder if it will fit a TDi. I'll have to drop in (which I keep promising to do)

edc

Feb 8, 2002
Surrey
You should notice the benefits during enthusiastic cornering wit better turn in. Of course, after a few weeks you'll then forget what your Leon was like before.

LEO LION R

if you need to ask . . .
Mar 25, 2002
on the edge
I think it was the AAT that looked like it was built very well and looked good too, there was a picture of a black one kicking about a while back, and it didn't look quite as substantial (with rather dodgy looking welds at the fixing braket)

How much was the AAT one, and why haven't you got it yet (must be weeks now you've waited) ?

edited to say :

Leon / Toledo front upper aluminium strut brace £110.00 Price inc VAT (excl P&P) e&oe

Last edited:

prc

Sooty Meister
Originally posted by LEO LION R
I think it was the AAT that looked like it was built very well and looked good too, there was a picture of a black one kicking about a while back, and it didn't look quite as substantial (with rather dodgy looking welds at the fixing braket)

How much was the AAT one, and why haven't you got it yet (must be weeks now you've waited) ?

edited to say :

Leon / Toledo front upper aluminium strut brace £110.00 Price inc VAT (excl P&P) e&oe

Alan has it on order from Germany. Pete's got one installed (pics around here somewhere). You can always pic up a OE TT one or wait for the forge to come out.

Paul S

our heroes & Lenny Bennet
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol
www.sanderscreative.co.uk
Originally posted by andyb
does it improve understeer in any way? just wondering, probably way off the mark

it can help purely because it reduces flex in the body structure, if ever there was a car that suffered from understeer it's my cupra.

thing is i can only comment on how it performs on the pug, because these cars handle much better than leons as standard it's hard to say whether a brace will dramatically change the nature of a leon, whoever tries one first will be abled to shed some light:)

prc

Sooty Meister
The effectiveness of the strut brace depends on the chassis it on. Pretty much the 1st mod on all my cars. Made a real big difference on the scirocco & corsa. Not that big but still noticeable difference on the mk3 golf.
dunno on the toledo, but will find out soon.

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
no, not yet mate. Keep meaning too actually but its always a mad panic in the mornings and I dont get home till 8pm

I'll try tomorrow if they are open. Need to get a tax disc. Not quite sure where on Weyhill Road they are actually as there are two "mini" inustrial units b4 and after the bridge, have to look on the map

Steve B

Andy

If you can let us know what time tomorrow you were thinking of, we are not normally there on Sat, but we maybe able to get there if needs be. I will be at Castle Combe tomorrow, so depending on what Des is doing it may be possible.

Kenyons Yard is opposite the new houses that are being built on Weyhill Road, just up from the Station Hotel. The turning is on the right between the mini roundabout by the station hotel, and Les Smiths.

HTH

Steve

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.