SEAT Leon TDI dominates WTCC qualifying with 1-2-3 at Monza

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
SEAT MAKES RACING HISTORY AGAIN AS THE LEON TDI
TAKES FIRST WTCC DIESEL ENGINE POLE

SEAT has made history once again by becoming the first manufacturer to qualify on pole for a round of the FIA World Touring Car Championship with a diesel car. Not only that, fantastic team work saw Yvan Muller, Jordi Gené and Gabriele Tarquini qualify their SEAT León TDIs in 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions – totally dominating the qualifying session at the famous Monza race track in Italy.

Read more on SEATCupra.net

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Tdi has got to be in the BTCC after this

Exactly!

I don't know if this proves it would definitely have the pace and performance over the Vectras, Civic's and 320si's in the BTCC but their must be vital extra pace, pace that SEAT have needed, given by the diesel engine otherwise Yvan, Jordi and now Gabriele wouldn't have done as well as they have in it.

I don't know if it has happened before the diesel engine came, when they were running exclusively petrol, but a SEAT 1-2-3 in qualification would have surely been considered a dream.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
SEAT 1- 2 Race 1 Monza. Muller and Gene.

Mullers car had to pull up on the cool down lap, puncture it appears.

Thommo took 3rd in the Alfa with Larini 4th Menu 5th, and Tarquini in the 3rd TDI Leon coming in 6th.

Yvan closes the championship to 4 points between him and Andy Priaulx.

Race 2 is live on Eurosport this afternoon at 2.15pm

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
A well deserved win for Jordi Gene, the second win of the day for the TDi and SEAT. Great result.

2nd Larini and Thommo 3rd

mare for BMW, championship well and truly back on now. Yvan Muller equal lead of the championship now with Andy Priaulx

Everything to play for in Macau, worth getting up for. :)

Now its over to SEAT Sport UK, lets lift those trophies next weekend :D

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
Ivan was heard saying " i az got da boost" and Jordi Gene starts winning after a chat with Weeman at brands while drifting!!! Zboyd can you sort me a chat with Mr Plato and trip out in the car so i know he'll win at Thruxton??

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
2nd race was awesome. The slipstreaming stuff is something else. After his shunt with Menu at Brands and then today, I think Farfus should really check his mirrors before moving over at Macau. :lol: