Seat leon tdi fr mk2 engine light come on help?

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
Just had a call said there was 3 faults but has cleared them all. The first 2 dont need sorting out. But the 3rd is the pressure sensor. Said he has sorted it out for now but it will need replacing so is going to price it up for me as he aint got any in stock.

Said ok to drive but light will proll come back on.

So gonna pick it back up now.

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
Right cost me 52.88 for a diagnostic check well peed off with that.

Anyway 3 faults are:

1) 01135 Interior Monitoring Sensor - No Signal

2) 02731 CD Reading Error

3) 01137 Exhaust Pressure Sensor 1 (G450) Implausable Signal.

Codes Reset

Recommend Exhaust Pressure Sensor.

So that what I need is a pressure sensor wonder how much they would cost he said he will call on Monday to tell me the price fitted.

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Alright mate i have not had to change the pressuresensors but have had to replace 2 of my EGT sensors and my lambda sensor after stage 2. The EGT sensors are £106 each. And the lambda sensor is £113. So will probs be around the £100 mark for the sensor alone. Hope this helps

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
G450 is the pressure sensor in question, there have been quite a few revisions on the sensor and VW recalled it on the Mk5 Golf. I change quite a few and when I priced one up yesterday the number had changed again and the new number had a note on the system with a recall number. Looks like SEAT might be doing the same soon.

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
Alright mate i have not had to change the pressuresensors but have had to replace 2 of my EGT sensors and my lambda sensor after stage 2. The EGT sensors are £106 each. And the lambda sensor is £113. So will probs be around the £100 mark for the sensor alone. Hope this helps

Is that the price Seat charge you for fitting.

Is the diagnostics price right 50 pounds for hooking you car upto a computer

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
G450 is the pressure sensor in question, there have been quite a few revisions on the sensor and VW recalled it on the Mk5 Golf. I change quite a few and when I priced one up yesterday the number had changed again and the new number had a note on the system with a recall number. Looks like SEAT might be doing the same soon.

What does this mean then?

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
That was not for fitting mate that was just the parts, probs another few hours labour at £60 on top of that your ooking at close to £200 i would think.

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
Had 2 quotes for the exhaust pressure sensor fitted.

1) 109 pounds which was the garage who charged me 52 for a diagnostic check robbing gets.

2) 78 pound fitted. Asked them when I rang hoe much for a diagnostic check they said 15 pounds so does seem like the 1st grage had me off.

They both told me it costs 45 something pounds for the part itself

Anyway booked in for sat at 9am

These are both independent volkswagen garages.

SeanCorky

BMW E92 335i M Sport
Sep 4, 2008
Liverpool
Had 2 quotes for the exhaust pressure sensor fitted.

1) 109 pounds which was the garage who charged me 52 for a diagnostic check robbing gets.

2) 78 pound fitted. Asked them when I rang hoe much for a diagnostic check they said 15 pounds so does seem like the 1st grage had me off.

They both told me it costs 45 something pounds for the part itself

Anyway booked in for sat at 9am

These are both independent volkswagen garages.

What garage did you go to?

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
Just to let you know had it done at the place aboive 78 pound fitted and so far so good no engine light has come on and no 1000rpm.

Happy with the service so far. Cheaper than the other price as they were 109 and proll seat stealers would be 150 plus.

Kept my remap on as well which is good.