1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

Seat main dealer - courtesy

Discussion in 'Leon Mk2 (2006-2012)' started by Cashy, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Cashy

Cashy Guest

Hi all

As you may have read I've started a thread on the steamy windows problem on my new Leon. Anyway rang the dealer today and booked it in - having to wait over a week. Asked about courtesy or replacement car considering the cars brand new and done 2500 miles only - they said they had one but I would have to pay 10 a day plus vat to cover the insurance!!!

I'm not paying anything basically as thats just wrong - I bought a car that's meant to be reliable as We need two cars that are used daily so can't be without a car to get to work.

All my mates get courtesy cars from vw - Audi - ford for no fee......

Anyone else had problems like this??

2. Marshall

Marshall Active Member

All manufacturers are at this now and it does seem a con.
    Good dealers tend not to charge and therefore their customer service is usually much better in lots of ways.

3. InfernalBadger

InfernalBadger Full Member

My local seat service centre required me to provide my own insurance last time I went. Was only £13 for the 2 days, but still annoying.

4. tony323ci

tony323ci Lovin' it

I just show my work insurance and get one free every time otherwise yes £10 per day to use there insurance

5. marty_34

marty_34 Active Member

Its a way of trying to get you not to go on there insurance as there policy xs will be very high

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Tapatalk 2

6. robdf2

robdf2 Yellow is the best

I know it's annoying , trust me I have had my fair share of seat courtesy cars , as your car is so new , I would play it like this , firstly contact seat customer care , explain the issue with your car and your dealer being unreasonable , make it known how disappointed you are and angry about a new car , be polite , then ask them for a good will gesture , you will probably get a free service.
    If that doesn't work tell your dealer that you are not happy that your car was obviously sold with a know a know fault and that you want to reject the car for a full refund , you will be amazed how quickly you will have their attention.

7. invisiblekid

There speaks a man of experience...

8. Benjic2

Benjic2 Active Member

Seat wouldn't even give me a car because of my age. Whereas when I had my Mito, it went in for some warranty work ( alternator belt recall) and the manager said all the cars were out, so he went into the showroom and drove out a brand new Giulietta with the veloce kit, and handed me the keys when I was only 18. It had 26 miles on it, and I returned it with over 200 :D.

When I asked why I wasn't allowed a car ( If I insured it myself) at the seat dealership, he turned around and said " It's an ibiza FR mate, they are quick cars so it's policy for over 25's only" ... I nearly spat out my brew all over him.

9. Cashy

Cashy Guest

Thanks for the replies --- I'm awaiting a call from the boss of the dealership - if no joy there it's off to the seat customer Care line :blink::banned:

10. marty_34

marty_34 Active Member

Phone them regardless then dealer knows you mean business when they get a call of customer care.

11. X cupra

X cupra Active Member

I once had to take my Saab 9-5 to the dealers to have some work done and they gave me a 11plate Saab 9-3 turbo x as a courtesy car free of charge...was a lovely motor...mind you i did need a new alarm system for the 9-5 plus i had the sump dropped and cleaned with fresh oil,oil filter pollen filter...so spent a fair few quids that day...but the turbo x was awesome..such a shame that saab went bankrupt but it was effectively the 9-3 that killed saab....shame

12. marty_34

marty_34 Active Member

When my astra was in for a week i got the current shape sri diesel with bodykit on, that had just been released at time. Had 3 quarter tank fuel in, didnt go back that way the fuel light was flashing. Seat appear to miss that a little touch goes a long way

13. Jarre

Jarre Active Member

There's a reason why a lot of people won't be buying another SEAT.

14. X cupra

X cupra Active Member

I havnt had any experience yet with Seat main stealers and its something im not looking forward to going by everyones comments in this thread and other threads......if i have problems i might take it to VW instead if their any better...

15. olitaylor07

olitaylor07 Badger Badger

I had a problem which I flagged up 2 months after buying, they replaced FOC and leant my a mii for 7 days and racked up 400 mile aswell.

16. p11lkw

p11lkw Active Member

So far my local stealer has been good, never needed a courtesy car yet though

17. Benjic2

Benjic2 Active Member

Their customer care ( or lack of it) is the reason why Seat will always be an inferior car manufacturer. It's a shame, because they actually produce decent cars. I won't have another unless the mk3 Cupra is a corker, if it's not then I won't ever look back.

18. kazand

kazand Is powered by Medtronics

Citroen are the same. used to have this charge when I took C5 in for service. £10 and used to get some shed. lease company would only provide replacement if vehicle was in for more than a day. so guess what? ;) brand new (or nearly) car from Avis every time!