SEAT New Drivers For BTCC 2006 Finalised

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
andyb said:
if Eaves stays with Team Dynamics, then looks like it will be orange Halfords.

VXR last year had Smith (no driver yet), Turkington (rumoured to be MG) and Yvan Muller (WTCC SEAT)

Z was telling me, the car is the same as the Leon shown last year in BTCC colours, there still waiting for the actual race cars

Apparantly Eaves is talking to WSR as well as Dynamics. Strange how he needs to bring money to TD when he did so well last year. Smith will probably pay another £500k for the VXR third car and I've just texted CT there to see if he'll give me some news as to what he's doing. Can't get if you don't ask. :p

It makes sense for SEAT to stick to the colours we're all familiar with now, I just hope it doesn't look as clumsy as last year when all the sponsors logos were splattered over it in a random fashion.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Watched both JP and JT on the Autosport stage yesterday and what a good double act SEAT have got. Very funny. :D

Even funnier was when they were playing Toca 3 and were being distracted by Johnny Herbert throwing bread at them from the balcony above. They could hardly see him though as he's that short, so Andrew Kirkaldy initially got the blame as he was standing there, until he frantically pointed to where Johnny was. :lol:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I think they'll make a good Duo, but I hope Darren doesn't feel left out.

I can't wait to see how they run out this year, With JP & Thommo on the lions share of the rounds, I hope they can do well.

fingers crossed for some good competitive racing, with SEAT winning!

thommo and JP are a fantastic pair of drivers, and now that Muller is out of the way, there should be a bit less dirty work around the track!!!!!!

Hopefully there will not be any ghastly liveried cars out there like Gareth Howell's late entry to TD. orange Halfords car with gold Castrol graphics was a total eyesore :sick:
even my 6 year old has better colour sense than that!!

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Vicky M said:

now that Muller is out of the way, there should be a bit less dirty work around the track!!!!!!

You've never seen Fabrizio Giovanardi race then? ;) He likes to get rough with opponents if need be, sometimes even if there's no reason! One to look out for in your rear mirror, that's for sure.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members