Seat newbie needs some info on the FR

sw1

Hi All,

I've been checking this forum out for the last week or so, I'm considering getting a Leon FR, cupra is out of the question due to doing an 80 mile round trip to work everyday :(

Can someone answer these questions.

1) What is in the convienance pack?

2) What is the build quality like, I have owned a MK V Golf GTi & GT TDi, only reason I sold was to do up my house.

3) Is the interior really that plastic looking when compared to a Golf, I was quite impressed with the Golf interior.

I'm going to the Motorshow on Saturday so I will take some photos of some seat's and stick them up.

Cheers

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
The build quality seems to be very good, certainly not seen as many complaints as seen on the MK V Golf sites. The dash is no where near as bad as it looks in the brochures. The problem is that the console is painted in a metalic paint finish which looks great when you're in the car, but when flash photography is used the finish reflects too much light making it look cheap & nasty...

Not sure about convenience pack but I think it's auto lights, wipers, & dipping mirror.

sw1

Cheers guys, the Leon FR looks like an amazing bargain.

My MK V Golf GT TDi cost 23K, the only options it had over the spec Leon FR I was leather(well over priced £1700) and sat nav(VW sat nav is rubbish though imo)

I have managed to spec up a Leon FR with 18" Alloys, sun roof, bluetooth, heated seats, Xenons, IPOD integration, I think I'm going to go for red.

Price was £17,900 on drivethedeal.co.uk, I used them before to get my MK V Golf GTi and thought they were really good.

A similar spec Golf GT 170 diesel with leather and minus some bit's that are standard on the leon such as CLimate, bluetooh and directional xenons comes out at 21K with a discount on Autoebid.

Are there good discounts going on at Seat dealers?

Last edited by a moderator:

Richardp

I have just ordered a new leon FR and the dealers in my area will do next to no discount.
Another dealer i went to in my area last week wouldnt even give a price on a new FR as they had not recieved there profit margin drop(you what):p

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise