Seat pd 130

Steven20151

Aug 10, 2015
Hi looking for some help please got a seat Ibiza pd130 on a 03plate car keeps going into limp mode at about 80mph then looses power of I turn it on and if again power returns got 2 fault codes p1547 turbo charger boost condtion control limit exceeded and the other is p1256 engine coolant temp sensor what's causing the overboost is it the temp sensor? Thanks

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
sounds like the vanes are sticking that limit is there to protect you as for the T s what's the rest of the coolant system like bearing in mind the rad and stat may now be 12 years old you could alwats put an ohm meter across the sensor hot and cold if you don't have vac com

Steven20151

Aug 10, 2015
sounds like the vanes are sticking that limit is there to protect you as for the T s what's the rest of the coolant system like bearing in mind the rad and stat may now be 12 years old you could alwats put an ohm meter across the sensor hot and cold if you don't have vac com

Hi thanks for the reply the rad is in good condition doesn't over heat or anything. So I need a new turbo? Car still pulls like a train until I get to specific soeed then it's like the turbo cuts off

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! it just needs a clean research "Mr Muscle" tho' I don't recommend it prefer t o do it properly but if your not confident it may be better to let someone with more experience check it out first -never rush to judgement ---don't throw parts at problems and avoid spending big money unless you get at least two opinions cheers Nic aka "el-cheapo" :)

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! it just needs a clean research "Mr Muscle" tho' I don't recommend it prefer t o do it properly but if your not confident it may be better to let someone with more experience check it out first -never rush to judgement ---don't throw parts at problems and avoid spending big money unless you get at least two opinions cheers Nic aka "el-cheapo" :)

As cheshire cat has alluded, it sounds like common sticky vanes. You can use the Mr Muscle method to alleviate the issue. Just google search it ;)

Coolant temp sensor is common on the 1.9TDI new sensor is pretty cheap.

Last edited:

Steven20151

Aug 10, 2015
Hi so had time to take turbo off car and done the Mr muscle trick for couple hours moving it back and forward till it was free then put back on car but still having the same problem overboosting :( is it the turbo that's f****d? Or anything else would be causing this

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
If the vanes move freely and there is no obstruction then the issue doesn't lie with the turbo it's something else. Have you got VCDS?

Steven20151

Aug 10, 2015
Cheers for the reply any chance you could send the link to me I typed it in on eBay but don't know which one to get thanks in advance

Steven20151

Aug 10, 2015
Hi so had time to plug it in got this p1557 code looked it up 17965/P1557/005463 - Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation
Possible Symptoms
Reduced power output
Limp mode
Possible Causes
Boost Pressure too High
Hoses/Pipes incorrect connected, disconnected, blocked or leaking
Charger Pressure Control defective
VNT (variable nozzle turbo): nozzles stuck
Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75) defective
Possible Solutions
Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components
Check Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75)
Check / Clean / Replace Charge Pressure Control
Check / Clean mechanism for variable nozzles

Steven20151

Aug 10, 2015
Hi so had time to plug it in got this p1557 code looked it up 17965/P1557/005463 - Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation
Possible Symptoms
Reduced power output
Limp mode
Possible Causes
Boost Pressure too High
Hoses/Pipes incorrect connected, disconnected, blocked or leaking
Charger Pressure Control defective
VNT (variable nozzle turbo): nozzles stuck
Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75) defective
Possible Solutions
Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components
Check Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75)
Check / Clean / Replace Charge Pressure Control
Check / Clean mechanism for variable nozzles

What's the n75 look like thanks in advance

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
the N75 as such isn't a seperate valve like on the TDi's it's part of the "valve block" which controls various thing turbo vanes egr valve as valve etc as it's quite expensive don't just dive in --I would disconnect the pipe to the turbo and apply a vac and see if the vanes/operating lever move careful it's 12 year old plastic and rubber and fragile if tight it may be better to cut it and replace a short length p.s found top left hand side below the windscreen approx 6 pipes on it

Steven20151

Aug 10, 2015
Ok so disconnected the n75 took the pins out took it s run didn't go into limp mode went to 120mph was bit sluggish acceleration out that n75 back on done 120 again but the acceleration seems slower now only thing I done was take that off and blow/sucked the pipe that goes down to the turbo

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise