Seat poor quality build

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Hi all,

Got in my car this morning to find that the door seal had failed and water was dripping into the car :( E-mailed the photo below to my local seat garage and it's in the garage on Monday. Getting a bit fed up now as this will be the 3rd time in 4 months it's been in. First was for a loose door nut, second to replace the broken door cards and now this. My love for the car is starting to sadly disappear. Has anyone else had a similar problem?
null_zps5c01e09b.jpg

keithjeb

Nov 1, 2013
I suspect I do, I've not had it dripping in with the door shut, but I do have a lot of wind noise and a wet seal.

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Was this the SC?

Seen similar on mine but water hasn't come in, just wet seal. Think someone here had this before and Seat replaced the seal

Shelvock

I've had this issue, drivers door on an SC. Mine didn't leak but the wind noise was pretty bad, took seat 3 months to replace it properly with the car going into the dealers 4 times... Mostly due to incorrect or damaged seals being sent from their supplier. it's been a nightmare to get it sorted but it's all ok now after they eventually replaced it. Hope you have more luck than me!

Last edited by a moderator:

allan69

Jul 30, 2010
Wellingborough, UK
I have this problem to on my car, but when I mentioned this to the Seat garage in Leicester, they said it’s not a fault as it’s not the internal door sills, they mentioned this also happen to the VW Golf too. :confused:

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
JK, yeh it's the SC I have. I also remember reading somewhere months ago about someone with the same problem. I'd noticed before it was wet but it wasn't until today, when it was dripping into the car that i thought I better contact the dealer.

Shelvock, sad to hear it took so long to sort the problem. Glad you got there in the end. At least we know it can be fixed!

Allan, how strange! I wonder sometimes with garages if they just make stuff up lol My dealer has been pretty good so hopefully they won't have my car for long and it'll be a quick fix :)

Though I worked out today that my car has been in the garage 3 weeks of the 16 I've had it....let's hope this is the last!

Last edited:

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
Sorry to hear you guys have been having problems with the door seals and glad to see SEAT have replaced any that were faulty.

Mine have been ok so far considering the amount of rain we are having but will keep an eye on them.
Seems more prone to happen on the SC by the looks of it?

NinjaPirateUK

Alor Blue Leon SC 1.8 TSI
Sep 7, 2009
I've noticed a bit of water on the lower seat bolster when getting in sometimes. Not a lot, but I noticed it. I just assumed that it was dripping in as the door moved away from the car, but thinking about it the seal was a bit wet in the same position as in your photo.

Hmmm, I'll keep an eye on it. One more thing on top of the rattling door cards/B pillar trims, and the 'chirping' rattle coming from the middle of the dash.

I'm not stressing about it though. It's the dealers problem, until I'm happy it'll keep going back.

Shelvock

I had no problems getting them to do it, technician took it for a test drive and straight away said he'd order a new door seal and replace it under warranty. It was getting the right door seal that took forever!

robo6

Oct 14, 2013
Durham
I've got a leaking problem with mine too. I seem to get water collecting in in the bottom of the door somewhere. When I come to open the passengers door after a rainy night lots of water falls out. Perhaps this is due to the faulty seal you guys are talking about? Surely it shouldn't collect in the bottom door sill though?

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Seems a bit random robo that it collects in the bottom. Mine seemed to saturate the seal then start to trickle down the inside of the car. I'll keep you all posted on how I get on :)

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Having my second one swapped on Monday. Shittest quality car I've ever had tbh. And Shittest customer service.

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
I feel the same Dean! It's a shame because with the design and engine of the car, it should be quality. Let's hope things improve :)

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
New door card going on too. The materials and technicals are great it's just not been built right, checked right (pdi pass with no lights) treated right (swirls) or dealt with right (4 months of chasing parts and a detail)

Last edited:

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
I got 2 new door cards a couple of weeks ago. The rattling stopped for about a week before starting again :( strangely it now only does it when the car is cold and disappears once it heats up. I've now got no faith in it ever being rattle free that I'm just going to live with it. Makes me wonder if I should of went VW or BMW, but I've no experience of either. Sounds like yours has had as much wrong with it as mine. Hopefully your 230bhp engine outpowers the rubbish you've had.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
It is fun when you cream a mk7 gti or something like that I must admit. 320d drivers are fun too. I'm pushing for the aero kit as compensation.

Last edited:

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Haha! I'm waiting until the summer before treating myself :) Good luck with the one! I'm going to see how I get on next week before I say anything. Not sure wether to mention the rattles again, if they've changed the door card already then what? I might just have to accept them lol

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Haha yes I have! It comes and goes when it feels like it. Also the the rattle next to the speedo etc

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.