Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store.

Seat Portable Sat Nav/Garmin Fresh program

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk5' started by Joe2705, Mar 15, 2019 at 5:21 PM.

1. Joe2705

Joe2705 New Member

Hi guys

Wonder if anyone could help me out on a problem with my Garmin portable sat nav.

The unit kept freezing, so, I plugged into my laptop to reset to factory settings, which of course wouldn’t work and I got an error message!

I was given an option to retry, so I kept pressing retry until I got a new error message, saying the service centre can reset this.

Has anyone ever seen this before and knows what to do?

Seat have helpfully told me to contact a local dealer, but when I’ve rung a couple they’ve not called me back, I’m not really sure what else I can do.

Are there any of these for sale not on EBay? Or any alternatives anyone has tried?

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Joe

Attached Files:

2. at0ny

at0ny Full Member

Do you use Windows 10? I had the same problem with fresh. There was a setting in Windows Defender that not alowed the factory reset/recovery with fresh. Because fresh uses a exe.file to format the pid with fresh. Windows defender did not alow the exe.file to open so fresh could not complete the recovery fase and gave a error.

Do you get any messages from Windows when performing this?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

3. Joe2705

Joe2705 New Member

I do, but I don’t think I had any error messages! I’ve also got access to a MacBook so could give it a go on there.

I’ve got a feeling with the new error message it isn’t going to work though, I just can’t seem to find anything on the internet where anyone else has had this problem. I kind of get the feeling Seat and the dealerships don’t really want to know!