Seat Portable Sat Nav/Garmin Fresh program

Mar 12, 2019
Hi guys

Wonder if anyone could help me out on a problem with my Garmin portable sat nav.

The unit kept freezing, so, I plugged into my laptop to reset to factory settings, which of course wouldn’t work and I got an error message!

I was given an option to retry, so I kept pressing retry until I got a new error message, saying the service centre can reset this.

Has anyone ever seen this before and knows what to do?

Seat have helpfully told me to contact a local dealer, but when I’ve rung a couple they’ve not called me back, I’m not really sure what else I can do.

Are there any of these for sale not on EBay? Or any alternatives anyone has tried?

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Joe

Attachments

• 424542F1-1EDB-400C-AD02-4B5605CAB419.jpeg
    424542F1-1EDB-400C-AD02-4B5605CAB419.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 418

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
Do you use Windows 10? I had the same problem with fresh. There was a setting in Windows Defender that not alowed the factory reset/recovery with fresh. Because fresh uses a exe.file to format the pid with fresh. Windows defender did not alow the exe.file to open so fresh could not complete the recovery fase and gave a error.

Do you get any messages from Windows when performing this?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

Mar 12, 2019
Do you use Windows 10? I had the same problem with fresh. There was a setting in Windows Defender that not alowed the factory reset/recovery with fresh. Because fresh uses a exe.file to format the pid with fresh. Windows defender did not alow the exe.file to open so fresh could not complete the recovery fase and gave a error.

I do, but I don’t think I had any error messages! I’ve also got access to a MacBook so could give it a go on there.

I’ve got a feeling with the new error message it isn’t going to work though, I just can’t seem to find anything on the internet where anyone else has had this problem. I kind of get the feeling Seat and the dealerships don’t really want to know!

I do, but I don’t think I had any error messages! I’ve also got access to a MacBook so could give it a go on there.

I’ve got a feeling with the new error message it isn’t going to work though, I just can’t seem to find anything on the internet where anyone else has had this problem. I kind of get the feeling Seat and the dealerships don’t really want to know!

Hey Joe, i've had similar (not exact) - in the end, SEAT gave me a new unit as mine became inoperable. I'd certainly be going back to the dealership and pushing for them to contact SEAT and seeking support that way.

In truth, they are awful units - sadly i don't think there are any alternatives that mount to the dashtop arm else i'd have swapped mine long ago..

BR

- Lee

Jun 6, 2019
did you ever fix this i cant seem to get the fresh app to work says the server cant connect or some shizz

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.