SEAT PORTABLE SYSTEM [GARMIN] Skins & Hacking

robomrburns

Aug 31, 2014
Hi, I enabled the Performance Display for 7.16.8
unfortunately the new Eco-Trip Menu does not show up.

DOWNLOAD

Maybe Phers version will be able to do both! :)

robomrburns

Aug 31, 2014
ECO Perf Switcher

TOOL:

This is a tool to quickly switch between Performance and ECO Trip:
Extract zip, then copy the folder to the internal Storage /Apps/ .
In addition you need edited Watchdog.ini files otherwise your device will just reboot.

Download Tool

Watchdog INI Files

o2mj6zzx.jpg

rmkgzwjs.jpg

Last edited:

robomrburns

Aug 31, 2014
So just but the folder under a new folder named apps that I create to root folder?

Yes it should be X:/Apps/VWBeamlight while X: is the internal storage of your Device. Then reboot your device and it should show up in the "Appdrawer" .Then click ECO-Trip and wait (can take a little bit)...

Pyrres

Ibiza Cupra -14
May 2, 2014
Finland
Nope, no changes for me. Does not activate eco mode with mine. It asks to wait and it just shows the normal Cupra stuff and thats it. I suppose it should replace Performance menu?

Would be epic if you get it to work as eco driving is a nice game to play sometimes.

Last edited:

sabatar

Oct 1, 2014
Poland
Robomrburns:
Can you explain me, how you adding new apps to have it accessible in menu Apps?
I see seatcupra . net/forums/showpost.php?p=4550952&postcount=83 that you have T.CMD added.
I tried copy some application to folder only, but without success. Of course it is app to this "system". Modification of some file is needed too?

Pyrres

Ibiza Cupra -14
May 2, 2014
Finland
Man its good to see that people do finaly get to mod these. I was so sad when I noticed that there were no mods etc for these when I started using mine as the unit is mostly fine but needs polishing like the boost gauge error, skinning possibilities etc.

sabatar

Oct 1, 2014
Poland
robomrburns: thanks for T.CMD. Now I understand how to add own apps ;)

Btw.: If someone need update archives from Garmin Fresh, these I have:
pid_v2_eu_mn71310_to_mn71411.zip
pid_v2_eu_mn71122_to_mn7168.zip

sabatar

Oct 1, 2014
Poland
robomrburns:
Seat Non-Cupra does not have performance menu in default.
You don't have a Cupra. You have done "switchable" menu (eco/performance): www seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=4550952&postcount=83
Is possible to get WORKING performance menu in Seat Non-Cupra with your changes above?
What's with cupra sensors, G-force sensors, etc. in Seat Non-Cupra?

robomrburns

Aug 31, 2014
robomrburns:
Is possible to get WORKING performance menu in Seat Non-Cupra with your changes above?
Yes Performance Display works. You can switch between ECO and Performance with my exectutable on the fly (could be faster, but hey it's the first release).

What's with cupra sensors, G-force sensors, etc. in Seat Non-Cupra?
Boost, Shift and Speed work. G-Force does not. Missing Hardware is what I assume. I will look into that later on.

In my own interest:
-Maybe a Cupra Owner could export his registry so that I can have a look if there are diffrences.
I can upload a tool to do that if anyone is willing to help.

-Has anybody ever seen oil-temperature gauges on their or someone elses device?
It's definitly a build in feature but I have never seen it working. Maybe it is VW Up/Seat Mii/Skoda Citigo only?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members