SEAT PORTABLE SYSTEM [GARMIN] Skins & Hacking

dlok

Feb 4, 2014
Oh OK, I don't think my issue is the same. Mine stutters and struggles to stream even with two phones both phones active.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

FR2015

Oct 28, 2015
I have tried this and my system got stuck in loop of Seat screen then off etc. I did a format and reinstall and the Garmin unit works fine. Any jdeas??

Thanks

gr3ggy

Dec 9, 2015
How To?

just to add to the hacks already done, I have unlocked the os, (windows ce 6.0) and installed the Mio 4 interface for Chinese sat nav stereos, it runs well on the garmin unit and the bonus is all the new features, like playing movies from sd card, all windows functions, and internet from the tethered phone connection.

had problems with the audio driver not forwarding the sound through the stereo when watching movies, but discovered it works when a song is playing on the media (you get both streams) so I added an 8 hour blank mp3 to run to keep the audio open.

heres some pics, search mio 4 for more info its not my idea but took some hacking from me to get it working on the garmin unit.

Hi does anyone know how to unlock the bootloader so i can load mio pocket?

Cheers

Danielle91

Dec 9, 2015
Hi, I'm new to the site and am hoping someone can help me! Sorry for crashing ur thread but I've looked all over and cannot find the new thread button! Probably me being stupid.
The portable sat nav in my car keeps going mental Sometimes it randomly wants to go into standby mode (even though it's only been on for 2mins!) but the most annoying problem occurs when I'm using the handfree for a phone call. Occasionally the sound will not come through the cars speakers, even though the call screen is on the sat nav and I can end the call using the screen, this means that I have to listen to the call on my phones speakers. Most of the time though the sound comes through the cars speakers and all is goin well, then the radio randomly comes on! So instead of having 'phone' displayed on the little radio screen my chosen radio station is displayed! This means that I cannot hear what the person on the phone is saying until I can put my phone onto speaker, which is dangerous as I'm driving. Pretty useless having a handfree option then having to use my phone anyway!
Someone help pleeeeease
Edit Report

x9moto

Oct 6, 2013
just to add to the hacks already done, I have unlocked the os, (windows ce 6.0) and installed the Mio 4 interface for Chinese sat nav stereos, it runs well on the garmin unit and the bonus is all the new features, like playing movies from sd card, all windows functions, and internet from the tethered phone connection.

had problems with the audio driver not forwarding the sound through the stereo when watching movies, but discovered it works when a song is playing on the media (you get both streams) so I added an 8 hour blank mp3 to run to keep the audio open.

heres some pics, search mio 4 for more info its not my idea but took some hacking from me to get it working on the garmin unit.

Hi does anyone know how to unlock the bootloader so i can load mio pocket?

Cheers

hi, you have to prepare an sd card with mio on it and if you read about installing mio there is a thread on thier forum explaining how to name the self installing files so that when the satnav boots it will auto load the software and install mio, but be prepared to write some scripts setting the boot order of things otherwise you will not have any of seats software running, it is a process and requires trial and error to get it working and will not be plug in and play right off the bat, however seamless oem style operation can be achieved with effort, but it would take a book to detail all the little tweaks i made to get it perfect for me.

Mat.

gr3ggy

Dec 9, 2015
hi, you have to prepare an sd card with mio on it and if you read about installing mio there is a thread on thier forum explaining how to name the self installing files so that when the satnav boots it will auto load the software and install mio, but be prepared to write some scripts setting the boot order of things otherwise you will not have any of seats software running, it is a process and requires trial and error to get it working and will not be plug in and play right off the bat, however seamless oem style operation can be achieved with effort, but it would take a book to detail all the little tweaks i made to get it perfect for me.

Mat.
Hi Mat,

I managed to get the Mio Pocket to run but the Native Garmin software takes over and loads.

How did you stop this?

Cheers

x9moto

Oct 6, 2013
yeah you need to let garmin fully boot up and then insert the micro sd otherwise the audio drivers wont load and the sound wont go through the car, then you need to script so that it boots the media centre base and phone base, the nav will be called for on demand by the home screen but it will be slower to load as usually the sytem preloads all and keeps them minimized, there is also a script in mio where you choose what runs, you will need to dissable the mio sleep in windows also as this will override seats sleep mode and causes crashes.

i set it not to load the mio homescreen as it tended to cause crashes and wasnt really that usefull anyway, so instead i set it to persistannt taskbar and kept it on autohide and also skinned it to match the seat homescreen so it looks stock but its hidden at the bottom when you need, then i customised the desktop to have the mediaplayer etc on it so i just switch screens, you also will need to have a long silent mp3 to play to keep the audio stream open on the car to play video sound through car, and it is very fussy on bitrate and frame size of video, you have to encode them specifically for the nav or it runs out of ram and crashes.

like i said takes considerable work to get it right.

woozyuk

Nov 29, 2015
erith
picked up my Ibiza 2013 Toca about 3 weeks ago from SEAT dealership. It came with the navigon.

But i find it a bit unresponsive/cumbersome. have to press quite hard on the screen and often it isnt detecting where tapping or is delayed. also bluetooth from my htc one m8 often breaks up or my friends samsung note.

are these things the norm?

thanks

robomrburns

Aug 31, 2014
Try getting it replaced with a garmin device they run smoother, but still a little laggy

Gesendet von meinem LG-D802 mit Tapatalk

woozyuk

Nov 29, 2015
erith
i asked seat before about that and was told its a different connection to the dash mount.

Last edited:

Fletch

Jan 28, 2016
Hastings
Is it possible to update the maps on the garmin (without subscribing...) ? I've read a few things on websites but the websites don't seem to legit so sceptical if to listen/follow them. Ty!

Edit:
Dont worry, worked it out and managed to update it to the most recent Q4/2015 maps. Still annoying they are behind as we recently had a new link road opened and itsstill not in there!

Last edited:

stadan

Jan 31, 2016
Try getting it replaced with a garmin device they run smoother, but still a little laggy

Gesendet von meinem LG-D802 mit Tapatalk

how do you get this working on the GARMIN device? I downloaded the vwusershell.exe for v 7.16.8 and then put that into F:\VwUserShell\

When I turn the device on, it shows this:
i65.tinypic.com/b7kndj.jpg (greyed out performance tools thing. Sorry it won't let me post links yet you'll have to copy n paste that into the address bar)

I feel like I'm missing something. are there any other files I need to download from somewhere? can someone please help me out!!

(2013 mk5 cupra)

Last edited:

stadan

Jan 31, 2016
Hey, it's greyed out until you connect it to your car and start it.
cheers

Thanks mate. When I tried to open it in the car an error/info message pops up saying "this cannot be run as it's not install on the original device" or something along those lines.

Any ideas? am I missing an extra file apart from moving that vwusershell.exe onto the device?

Thanks

stadan

Jan 31, 2016
Thanks mate. When I tried to open it in the car an error/info message pops up saying "this cannot be run as it's not install on the original device" or something along those lines.

Any ideas? am I missing an extra file apart from moving that vwusershell.exe onto the device?

Thanks

Can anyone help me please? It's giving me a message about a new vehicle when I try and open the performance tools. So I decided to go back to the stock usershell.exe and now even the ecotrip stuff says something about a new device/vehicle and doesn't run. Any help is appreciated, I want this boost gauge!!

maskelldrew

Mar 5, 2016
Performance Menu

Hi Guys,

Is there any hack to get a working boost menu on the performance menu for a seat ibiza mk5 1.4 fr ACT?

I have tried a few of the other downloads and once made my device go in a boot loop and the other everything worked except the boost menu (Wouldn't move).

Thanks,
Drew

zuzuaya90

Apr 2, 2016
helpppp!!!

:confused: my ibiza can´t recognize my garmin the gps goes well but the eco, the information of the car, the radio andthe other stuffs can´t be recognize by the car can you help me please I´m frustated!!!

zuzuaya90

Apr 2, 2016
Can anyone help me please? It's giving me a message about a new vehicle when I try and open the performance tools. So I decided to go back to the stock usershell.exe and now even the ecotrip stuff says something about a new device/vehicle and doesn't run. Any help is appreciated, I want this boost gauge!!

hey did you find the error my ibiza dont recognize the garmin

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members