Pher

Mar 1, 2014
Portugal
Hi guys,
sorry for all this time but i was really busy.[:@]
I have now the new version with performance display.:whistle:
File attached:
w**.dropbox.com/s/girulwr4ipuir4d/VwUserShell.exe?dl=0

Please, save the original file before copy this to the SPS.

Best Regards
Pedro Rodrigues

Batedor3D

Mar 19, 2014
Hi guys,
File attached:

Best Regards
Pedro Rodrigues

Obrigado Pher!!!

Is there any chance we can open up the skin file to edit it?

regards!

Batedor3D

Mar 19, 2014
If that can be done with Garmin navi Id be thrilled. Dont like the stock backgrounds.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

indeed! But my main concern is that for the FR owners, the begin of the redline is not the same of the Cupra owners (Cupra does have +1k more of RPMs).

It would be nice to edit a few backgrounds to our specific cars :p

Dharms

Sep 17, 2014
West Midlands
Firstly thanks Pher for bringing the Performance display to non Cupra's (esp useful for the boost gauge I find)

I have a problem with this new version though, I updated my SPS through Garmin Fresh to 7.14 and then swapped the VWUsershell.exe for the updated one by Pher but I'm still not getting the option of performance display :cry: . Is it just me?

I looked into modifying the skins by extracting the .nfs files using java tool (search for nfs extractor Garmin Navigon) problem is, inside this are a bunch of futher packed files .kib and I have no idea how to open these.

I posted the contents of the .nfs files here to look at http:/ /1drv.ms/YS8rl1

rufo00

anyone tried it? I have a fr 143 and put the file and not changed anything nothing appears again

du_calme

Feb 23, 2013
Hi guys,
File attached:

Best Regards
Pedro Rodrigues

Is this for the Navigon? :O

Dharms

Sep 17, 2014
West Midlands
My previous post seems to have gotten lost in moderation heaven (as a noob I guess) but seems like Im not alone in the fact the new file my Pher doesn't work with 7.14.

As to skinning I've extracted the .nfs files that hold the graphics but inside this are some .kib files which hold the bmps I'm guessing but have no idea how to unpack these .kib files

I included a link to the extracted files in my previous post, but since it hasn't gone through, I'll ask if its ok first to post a link with a space to avoid the newbs 15 posts first restriction

Carat10

Hello firends

I have one questions
I have Garmin Portable System for Skoda, but I have Ibiza FR car, can I change boot logo ang change car (I have 5 door's car) navi is 2 doors ? if yes, how can I change ?

Thanks for help

Last edited by a moderator:

joefr

Jan 19, 2014
stourport
Hey, just stumbled across this thread I have a 13 plate Ibiza fr 143 with Garmin sps, can I get the extra gauges would be awesome, I'm absolutely useless with computers phones and anything like this anyone near Worcester in the Midlands that can help?

Batedor3D

Mar 19, 2014
My previous post seems to have gotten lost in moderation heaven (as a noob I guess) but seems like Im not alone in the fact the new file my Pher doesn't work with 7.14.

As to skinning I've extracted the .nfs files that hold the graphics but inside this are some .kib files which hold the bmps I'm guessing but have no idea how to unpack these .kib files

I included a link to the extracted files in my previous post, but since it hasn't gone through, I'll ask if its ok first to post a link with a space to avoid the newbs 15 posts first restriction

Hi there and sorry for the long delay in answering, can u send me those files over? I'll try to see how to open. Or maybe you could tell me how to open the nfs file :)

regards,

n0ble

Sep 14, 2006
Just tried this on my 13' 1.2tsi FR. All works except G force thing as already mentioned.

I did have 1 issue though, I updated the SPS using the Fresh software which for some reason didn't update it to the latest update but the 2nd latest instead anyway I carried on and swapped the VWusershell file. I then updated the SPS to the latest version.... Then tried to use it, it worked fine but there was no performance menu. I then swapped the file again and the performance menu appeared so I think when you update the SPS it automatically replaces the VWusershell file with what it should be.

With regards to the boost gauge it sits at 1 Bar at idle and goes upto 1.875 Bar at full boost. These figures are obviously off, It should sit at 1 bar at idle and go upto .875 (12psi) at full boost which sounds about right for a small turbo. Not sure if the ECU maybe computes the boost level as a percentage of what maximum boost is on that particular car in which case the readings won't be accurate to the 1.2tsi.

Also the gauge is a bit laggy but its alright for a free upgrade! Looking forward to trying the 0-60 timer! Big thanks to the dude that discovered this!

Yes it will sit around 1 bar at idle. It's the atmospheric pressure....................

Dharms

Sep 17, 2014
West Midlands
Hi there and sorry for the long delay in answering, can u send me those files over? I'll try to see how to open. Or maybe you could tell me how to open the nfs file :)

regards,

There's a link at the very end of my post number #186 just remove the space to make it live, I should have said .kbi files btw.

Any chance @Pher at looking at why this updated file isn't working?

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.