SEAT recall CD changer stock

Dennis

Polisher
May 11, 2005
Hear is one for all you with the factory CD changer that doesn't play all your disks.

Mine was after a lot of arguing going to be replaced.

On my way to the dealer I gave them a call and they advised me SEAT had recalled all stock of CD changers and are replacing with newer model.

Nothing to do with the fact the 1st ones are pant!!!![:@]

Anyway this suggested the units were always faulty and should have previously been rpelaced under a recall so ifyou push you may get a new one even though outside warrenty.

Cupraloon

I know there were two different part numbers for these, cos' i've retro fitted a cd changer from a 2004 lc/lcr into my 2002 lc

there is one listed on the seat site part # 1J6 057 111 and the part # for the one i fitted was 1J6 035 111, i'm told this one superseeded the 057 one, so it's probably an idea to check the part # on the unit fitted, see which one you have.

Out of interest i've not so far had any problems with the one i got second hand, fingers crossed then !!!

Dennis

Polisher
May 11, 2005
Can't check any numbers on our laases (just traded it in against an ST today)

But the car was registered March 04 if that helps.

I must admit the reason the LCR went was purely down to the SEAT dealers being pants and customer services/warrenty being just as bad!!!:censored:[:@]

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
To be fair my local Ford dealer was 100 times better than my local SEAT dealer is.

It's the curse of franchised dealerships - you get no consistency from one dealership to the next - if you're lucky to have a good one then great, if not you're screwed. :(

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
Does anybody have any specific details on this recall, as mine is all ok, but doesn't play copied CD's, which I wish it did do.

To get the PartNo, do i need to take the whole cartridge chassis out? and if yes, is this difficult?

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
This is good to know... there seems to be an influx of them on fleabay, I've been considering buying one for a while and was going to bid on one. Don't think I'll bother now if they're tempremental!

I'll just go to Seat and buy a new one instead :)

Cupraloon

Does anybody have any specific details on this recall, as mine is all ok, but doesn't play copied CD's, which I wish it did do.

To get the PartNo, do i need to take the whole cartridge chassis out? and if yes, is this difficult?

The part number should be on the back on a little sticker, you'll need to get the changer out which takes about 5 minutes and isn't difficult, just remove trim in front of changer and theres a bolt either side, undo these and the changer just slids out.

I got mine off fleebay part# 1J6 035 111 which i'm told is the later one, don't know how true this is of course, but thats what my stealer told me.... :confused:

Interestingly mine plays cd's i've burned on my pc just fine, thats all i use, just in case some twat breaks into the car and nicks em'