Seat recognition of misfiring problem!

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
You need to work out if its dsg or engine related. A new set of plugs will help things if its done 60k. Try the bkr7eix Ngk plugs. If its the gearbox slipping then get it looked at ASAP, the dsg shouldn't slip

LJA

Oct 8, 2010
Derbyshire
Well I had my Clutch replaced under Warranty in September because it stunk of burning clutch all the time.

Cost Autoworld SEAT £1200! Minus Labour.

So I'd like to think the clutch/DSG is fine.

How could/can I check. I am against paying for £60 Diagnostic charge.

Thanks

LJA

Oct 8, 2010
Derbyshire
Just read through the whole thread. Lucifer is the guy to talk too hahha.

Looking for Spark Plugs - Anyway SEAT will pay for these even though its out of warranty.

When should the plugs be replaced on the service schedule? They weren't done at 60,000 service - I was gobsmacked that a £249 service didnt include Plugs

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
Are you running standard map? If so the seat ones are fine. If your mapped or plan on it get the ngk bkr7eix. They are shorter, colder and better for the engine.

I had misfires constantly from start of 2010 to 2012, came and went, broke down, fried coil packs.....had all latest hardware and revo recommend plugs, still did it. Had revise revised software and its worked perfectly. Many floors with the early engines.

LJA

Oct 8, 2010
Derbyshire
I had a TMC Tuning box on for about 8/9 months now - been absolutely fine. Until two weeks ago.

Taken it off last night.

Can somebody find/or know of what exactly needs doing on the services ( Like an official list from SEAT)

Im convinced my local dealer don't service it in accordance with the manufacture.

LJA

Oct 8, 2010
Derbyshire
Ill have a look see if I can find it!
Because my service book was destroyed with Oil, so got a SEAT general replacement!

Is there anywhere online I can find one?

Matt17121991

Nov 2, 2010
Redditch
Ill have a look see if I can find it!
Because my service book was destroyed with Oil, so got a SEAT general replacement!

Is there anywhere online I can find one?

Snap I don't have the original service book, and the replacement tells you NOTHING about what work needs to be carried out, its utter useless!

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2010
Leeds
Are you running standard map? If so the seat ones are fine. If your mapped or plan on it get the ngk bkr7eix. They are shorter, colder and better for the engine.

I had misfires constantly from start of 2010 to 2012, came and went, broke down, fried coil packs.....had all latest hardware and revo recommend plugs, still did it. Had revise revised software and its worked perfectly. Many floors with the early engines.

Lucifer. do you mean the updated Revo software or the Seat software? I have the updated Revo software and I haven't misfired yet since having it but get boost cut sometimes. I was going to ask if anyone has had a quote for the updated injectors and coilpacks from SEAT? As I am out of warrenty and think they would solve my issue.

LJA

Oct 8, 2010
Derbyshire
Took my tuning box off! Doesn't have this judder/misfire as much but still there every now and again under acceleration.

Completely stumped!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise