Seat Sound Retrofit - Someone on Spanish forum has done it!

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
As i found out there is no any way for just change coding on 5F unit to activate proper sound system this need to be done with VCP so i again im looking for someone with VAG CAN PRO. Do you know anyone around London ? Very disappointed now got all the parts ready go to my car and just need to find someone with VCP around to do this PR change for quadlock activation and correct subwoofer work. Quadlock is active now because unit used this output for front speaker

Last edited:

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
no as i read on many retrofit forum on mqb platform need to be modify PR codes in unit and this cant be done with VAG. Its looking i found someone to able do it with my help and knowledge i keep you posted with solution

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Tadaaaa all done and work well!

2ef2lxi.jpg

thanks for coding the unit https://www.facebook.com/vagcarcoding/ highly recommend Alex

Last edited:
Reactions: louiskopite

Dacoo

Nice work KoNG, really impressive!
Just bought the bits in myself however I have just realised too that you need VCP, not VCDS :-(

If you don't mind me asking, how much did VAG CAR CODING charge you to change the coding?

I cannot proceed until this code is modified so eagerly await your response!
Thanks,
Dan.

Last edited:

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Dacoo have a word with Alex he know exactly what he doing as i was the first with Leon retrofit he done it for me as a favour exchanged for information how to do it in VCP. As SEAT garage cant do it in ODIS. Even if you trick it VIN number.

Moved the bass on upper level :) Silentcoat 2mm
DSC_2542.jpg

DSC_2543.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: louiskopite

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Is the amp built into the sub, or just running of the HeadUnit?

or is the amp in the sub, only for the sub and the other 9 speakers powered by the HU?

Dacoo

Dacoo have a word with Alex he now exactly what he doing as i was the first with Leon retrofit he done it for me as a favor exchanged for information how to do it in VCP. As SEAT garage cant do it in ODIS. Even if you trick it VIN number.

Moved the bass on upper level :) Silentcoat 2mm
DSC_2542.jpg

DSC_2543.jpg

Very nice KoNG, I will be asking for sound-proofing (like Silentcoat) material for Christmas, stiffens the bodywork up and makes a big sound difference I bet.
I have left Alex a voicemail and will see what he says.

Just need the coding changed from 8RM to 9VD....

Will post photos when I have made progress...

Is the amp built into the sub, or just running of the HeadUnit?
or is the amp in the sub, only for the sub and the other 9 speakers powered by the HU?

The rear Seat Sound Sub is just a subwoofer speaker in a plastic enclosure...
The HeadUnit powers all 10 speaker components, including; all woofers, all tweeters, the center speaker and the rear subwoofer...

Hope this clarifies it...

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Have you done the centre speaker aswell?

Do you mean with silent coat?

I have done complete retrofit center + sub. Silent coat in boot make a huge different

Dacoo my recommendation is before you do retrofit make sure your unit is on last version software as this make a huge different on my MIB1 unit.

Last edited:

Dacoo

I have done complete retrofit center + sub. Silent coat in boot make a huge different

Dacoo my recommendation is before you do retrofit make sure your unit is on last version software as this make a huge different on my MIB1 unit.

Yes Silent Coat! Fab Stuff!

My HeadUnit is:

Device Part Number - 5F0035858A
Hardware - 040
Software - 0407

However someone warned me on here that updating the Software without updating SWaP , etc, could brick it? This was a guy trying to sell his services at a high cost, so not sure how much truth is in this...
What Device Part Number/Hardware/Software have you got?
How did you update it? Did you update the Seat online databases or SWaP?

Today i have purchased a VCP Programmer so I will be performing the 8RM to 9VD update myself :) Can't wait :)

Thanks for your continued help and advice, very much appreciated!

Last edited:

Lentäjä

Jan 19, 2006
Helsinki, Finland

Huge different to what?

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Yes but without coding sound will be **** as subwoofer and central speaker will be served as front speaker and your front speaker will be sound as voice speaker no bass at all

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

nvidia

2004 Seat Ibiza FR TDi
May 16, 2009
Reading
How many prices of silent coat were needed to cover the spare wheel area?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.