SEAT Sport begins defending their world Touring Car title

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Can't ask for a better weekend for SEAT. Superb result, the team should be rightly proud.

BMW had a woeful weekend, their tactics in qualifying left them on the back foot most of the weekend, the weather though unfortunate also cost them success in the second race. The BMW obviously doesn't work too well when it can't get heat in the tyres.

You know the complaints will start though from the Bavarians!

chungster

SCN Veteran
May 27, 2001
Bedfordshire, UK
Visit site
that bloke moaning was John Cleland!

And he's right...the TDI noise factor is just pants!

Made me think back to the proper days of RS500's, turbo's whooshing, or when JC ragged the crap out of the Cavalier GSI!!! There is something about buzzing an engine to 7krpm and beyond.

DMC1987

Jenson for World Champion
Aug 26, 2008
Hertfordshire
to be fair john cleland was moaning about pretty much everything throughout both races! can understand his moans about the track as it does look pretty rubbish to be honest! seat are also in the joint lead of the constructors championship too with Tom Coronel, good times. :D

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Cleland does a great deal of moaning, still he was a good racer in his day so he's earned the right to have a moan about it if he wants to.

I do tend to agree that the diesel doesn't exactly set the soul alight with it's sound and it would be so much nicer to have a racing car sound. But that's the rules and SEAT are well within their rights to run TDI's if they so choose, as is the competition.

Diesel's are not unique to WTCC of course, with Peugeot and Audi both running diesel engines in endurance LM racing.

SEAT are competitive with the TDI, and whether they would be on the same page with a petrol engine is debatable. The independent Leon's such as the SunRed Leon's of Coronel and Boardman had mixed success today, Tom Coronel took away a pair of second place spots in the indy championship behind an indy beemer.

Would SEAT still choose to compete in the WTCC if their hard work developing the TDI were to be cast aside?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Aye bad luck for Huffy in particular, his throttle cable was broken. Though Curitiba has not been a kind circuit to them, hopefully that's their bad luck over. But the car wasn't really sorted, and it's been given permission to run a flat floor too.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Good weekend for SEAT, if only the commentators made as good a partnership!!! Whilst I respect both of them individually it's not the worlds greatest pairing as:

a) half the time the bloke (not Cleland) struggles to get his facts right especially when identifying cars

b) they struggle to agree on anything, and I'm convinced that the bloke (not Cleland) thinks that by being devils advocate / contentious he's being a great commentator. I'm not saying they should agree about everything, but they should know when to leave it lie and just commentate on the race. Got sick of the 'other bloke' challenging Cleland about what Jaime Puch would do about the Tarquini/Rydell positioning scenario....:headhurt:

But thats by the by, SEAT won convincingly. Makes you wonder what is right with those cars that just wasn't right with the UK ones that kept losing power / retiring.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.