SEAT Stop Cupra Production

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
Just been informed by a SEAT dealer on Carwow who I had some quotes from that they're no longer producing the Cupra. This is what they've told me...

SEAT have now stopped producing the Cupra. They are releasing a new shape in the foreseeable future. This should be available for order mid Aug- September.

Bit surprised to be honest!

Editing in Scroggs response below:
SEAT have now confirmed that all unconfirmedexisting orders for CUPRA 300 2WD (all bodystyles - manual and DSG-auto) will be built as 290PS (although there has been no mention of what will happen to any unconfirmed orders for 300 manual - if there are any - as that variant has now been discontinued). The ST 4Drive DSG-auto is unaffected, and remains 300PS.

To find out whether your order is confirmed or not. speak to your retailer. If they don't believe you when you tell them what I have posted on here tell them to read SE0550-18 on SEAT Hub!

They have also announced that the only change for MY19 CUPRA is that all colours are now included in the price (so no more paying extra for metallic paint) but, more interestingly, they have announced the introduction of CUPRA Lux Pack as an additional model, which gains Adaptive Cruise Control, Full Leather, Electric Driver Seat, KESSY and Wireless Phone Charger.

There has been no announcement yet regarding MY19 pricing, or when ordering will open...

Last edited:

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
The new leon comes out next year and that will be the first Leon under the new cupra brand. Don't see why the current leon would stop production before the new model has even been released or pre-released and its far to early.

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
The new leon comes out next year and that will be the first Leon under the new cupra brand. Don't see why the current leon would stop production before the new model has even been released or pre-released and its far to early.
Presume because the waiting list is so long and they must want to release the new one in March 2019. So get the orders in from August and they might be able to get them out by then...

Shame because I was half interested in getting a lease now before the new Leon came out with the god awful badge.

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Ordering for the current CUPRA 300 closed today. Ordering for MY19 - in DSG-auto only - will open mid-Q3 (so sometime in August).

MY19 will not be a "new shape" nor will it be the first of the new stand-alone CUPRA brand, it is likely (almost certainly - I'm just waitng on official confirmation) to be a 290 though, as SEAT are struggling to get the current 300 through WLTP.

(Now, if anyone wants a new, unregistered 300 Manual 5dr in Monsoon Grey with KESSY and SEAT Sound I have one in my showroom ;) )

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
Ordering for the current CUPRA 300 closed today. Ordering for MY19 - in DSG-auto only - will open mid-Q3 (so sometime in August).

MY19 will not be a "new shape" nor will it be the first of the new stand-alone CUPRA brand, it is likely (almost certainly - I'm just waitng on official confirmation) to be a 290 though, as SEAT are struggling to get the current 300 through WLTP.

(Now, if anyone wants a new, unregistered 300 Manual 5dr in Monsoon Grey with KESSY and SEAT Sound I have one in my showroom ;) )
What’s your opinion of what will happen with current cupra orders. Will they get fulfilled before sept or will they get cancelled or offered a lower spec engine? I personally ordered in early April with a 6 month lead time so October. If they don’t meet the tests requirements or they can’t get them through the testing before the deadline I don’t hold out much hope of the order being fulfilled?

cola

May 23, 2018
Also interested in the above if possible - ordered a 300 DSG in May and have been quoted November for delivery (at best). Not too worried about getting a 290 but would rather the order isn't just cancelled :(

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Also interested in the above if possible - ordered a 300 DSG in May and have been quoted November for delivery (at best). Not too worried about getting a 290 but would rather the order isn't just cancelled :(

I hope this isn't the case as my wait has been an extremely long one.

If you're in a similar situation where your order has been accepted with or without a build date I suspect it would be fulfilled.

I am also interested Scrogg's theory as I have been seeing these on YouTube for a while and couldnt understand why..

I was hoping the WLTP & MY19 changes would bring the engine mated with a 7 speed DSG...

Although our UK spec may not have those kick plates I much prefer them. Not a fan of the rims though, but I can't see those being on the UK cars.

Last edited:

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
SEAT have now confirmed that all unconfirmed existing orders for CUPRA 300 2WD will be built as 290PS (although there has been no mention of what will happen to any unconfirmed orders for 300 manual - if there are any - as that variant has now been discontinued). The ST 4Drive DSG-auto is unaffected, and remains 300PS.

To find out whether your order is confirmed or not. speak to your retailer. If they don't believe you when you tell them what I have posted on here tell them to read SE0550-18 on SEAT Hub!

They have also announced that the only change for MY19 CUPRA is that all colours are now included in the price (so no more paying extra for metallic paint) but, more interestingly, they have announced the introduction of CUPRA Lux Pack as an additional model, which gains Adaptive Cruise Control, Full Leather, Electric Driver Seat, KESSY and Wireless Phone Charger.

There has been no announcement yet regarding MY19 pricing, or when ordering will open...

Last edited:

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
SEAT have now confirmed that all unconfirmed existing orders for CUPRA 300 2WD (all bodystyles - manual and DSG-auto) will be built as 290PS (although there has been no mention of what will happen to any unconfirmed orders for 300 manual - if there are any - as that variant has now been discontinued). The ST 4Drive DSG-auto is unaffected, and remains 300PS.

Cheers for this update, at least someone knows what they are talking about. Nice one.

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018
Is an unconfirmed order one that has been placed but not accepted by the factory or an order that has been accepted but had no confirmed build week?

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
An unconfirmed order is one which does not have a confirmed build week, regardless of when that order was placed by the retailer or accepted by the factory.

Reactions: Paul1979

CupraDesireRed

May 18, 2018
An unconfirmed order is one which does not have a confirmed build week, regardless of when that order was placed by the retailer or accepted by the factory.

Well that sucks, been waiting 19 weeks and now will potentially not get the car we ordered ☹️

cola

May 23, 2018
Looks like my order will be a 290 then. Not sure whether to be annoyed or not.. paid extra for metallic as well so it's slightly annoying to see that go free 5 weeks after ordering. Be nice if current orders were bumped up to that Lux pack as a goodwill gesture but that obviously isn't going to happen :p

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
...paid extra for metallic as well so it's slightly annoying to see that go free 5 weeks after ordering.
There is a price increase of £725 on MY19, so as your order is price-protected you are better off, despite paying for metallic paint separately.

cola

May 23, 2018
There is a price increase of £725 on MY19, so as your order is price-protected you are better off, despite paying for metallic paint separately.

Thats good to hear! Thank you for the updates, very appreciated :)

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Looks like my order will be a 290 then. Not sure whether to be annoyed or not.. paid extra for metallic as well so it's slightly annoying to see that go free 5 weeks after ordering. Be nice if current orders were bumped up to that Lux pack as a goodwill gesture but that obviously isn't going to happen :p

To be honest I'm not too sure of any performance differences between a 290 and a 300, If there are I'm sure I'll not notice.

Coming from a 280 and I'm happy with it's performance.

As long as the new tech, interior quality and the exhaust note haven't changed. I'm sure it will bring plenty of smiles.

And as they have yet to announce pricing, including metallic paint in MY19 may not be anything to be annoyed about yet.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.