Seat Toledo boosting problems

Gary-cooke

Hi guys. Having serious problems with my seat Toledo tdi.
First I got this car cheap and it had a hole in the front exhaust flexi so had it replaced ASAP. When had 1st got the car had thought it wasn't boosting properly because of the hole in the flexi but seeme like I'm wrong. When driving the car it just sounds and goes like a straight diesel car theres no turbo there atal but can her it wanting to kick in.

Also spotted a problem with the coolant. I had topped it up 1 day and a few days later the temp light had came on and at the time I didn't have coolant on my so topped it up with some water. Haven't had a problem sence there's been water in the coolant it's grand and havent had the light come on for a few weeks until 2day and when topping it up with water again I noticed that the tiny bit that was in it is mixed with oil.

Yes a lot off big problems with this car ino but a bit off advised would be great folks thanks :).

F3rAL

Turbo problem would be stuck vanes or in your case it might even be stuck turbo. We need more info about this. Water mixing with oil is pointing to head gasket, but not sure about that. Where are you ? Someone might be able to look at it for you. What engine have you got ? 90bhp 110 130 150 ? what year car is it and what engine code, that would be helpful.
I bought my leon a month ago and changed to third turbo now, so I could tell you things about your turbo :)

Gary-cooke

Its a 110bhp. When te cars driving and u listen u can hear the turbo wanting to work. It works whenevr it wants to but when it is working if i was to pick up speed quick and get to 70mph the turbo will just cut out completly and i will be back to square 1 again. Yea spoke to local mechanic about the oil in the coolant and he had mentioned some oil part cant really remember the name off it. Im based in northern ireland.
Thanks

F3rAL

This sounds like sticky vanes, it goes into limp mode, if your not competent ask your mechanic to try and move vnt lever on the turbo and free it up, check all vacuum hoses and N75 valve. If you need any more help let me know.

Gary-cooke

Yea will speak to mechanic and c what he can do. Thanks for ur advice

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.