Seat Uk

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
Does anyone have any good contacts that are customer orientated in Seat UK?

Just got off the phone to 'Darren' who basically told me that my faulty fuel filter, sideskirt jacking point cover, rattle, constantly loose engine cover and jumpy idle are a combo of 'just one of those things'

Apparently the rattle could take a whole day to find an therefore I am liable for the labour charges for that. That the fuel filter that's literally whistles/screeches when am driving is a consumable part and much like brake pads, can't be done under warranty. Even after being told by the tecchy that it was a normal noise for a cupra (blatant lie)

He said if that's what the tecchy said then it must be true?!!!???
The part has been defective since around 3 months after purchase.

My engine cover KEEPS coming loose. Yet apparently that's just one of those things
The strange idle is again, something that I should be willing to take a tecchy out in the car so we can reproduce the fault

Then the icing on the cake - he asked, "so basically what are you asking for? Is it that you just want the car fixed?"

WELL YES DARREN! Or else why would I be calling?

He said Seat customer services aren't really the ones to be calling as they don't monitor the service centres. They just assume that they are doin the work to the high standards.

I've literally had enough. I thought Seat uk would be my last resort if nothing got sorted but it seems That they couldn't give a monkeys either

Im seriously thinking about getting rid and going elsewhere

Any suggestions, thoughts, comments?

Last edited:

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
I've heard quite a lot of complaints regarding vag in general lately, I don't know what the score is but it doesn't sound very good. Have you had a good look through the warranty, do you have it in writing? Maybe they're just chancers. I think it needs further looking at anyway, maybe you could tell them you're going to contact watchdog and see if their attitude changes.

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.

You need to write a registered letter requesting that the listed items are fixed under the terms and conditions of the warranty and also in line with the requirements of the sale of goods act. Make sure yousend a copy to both Seat UK, the dealer and if your really fecked off Mr Peter Wyhinny of Seat Uk in Milton Keynes.

The problem you are having getting bits fixed is one of the reasons that many of us have pxd and moved onto other manufacturers. Life is to short to have all that hassle especially when you have paid for a warranty.

Good luck

Steve

Poverty

You need to write a registered letter requesting that the listed items are fixed under the terms and conditions of the warranty and also in line with the requirements of the sale of goods act. Make sure yousend a copy to both Seat UK, the dealer and if your really fecked off Mr Peter Wyhinny of Seat Uk in Milton Keynes.

The problem you are having getting bits fixed is one of the reasons that many of us have pxd and moved onto other manufacturers. Life is to short to have all that hassle especially when you have paid for a warranty.

Good luck

Steve

Seems to be quite a few of us doing this indeed. Never ever buying another SEAT.

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
Thanks for the advice guys

Pov - If things continue the way that they are, I am seriously considering gettin rid of the K1 and buying an S3.

All i wanted was a little bit of goodwill, and general customer focused problem solving. All i got was, oooo thats gonna cost us a lot of money, sod it, lets try and pass the costs on. Think I may also take the advice from ^^ above, and look into the sales of goods act, possibly trading standards/watchdog

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
10 minutes of reading your warranty and the sale of goods act should give you enough amunnition to put down any techy that thinks it's perfectly acceptable.

so far i think the list is me, Pov, RCKS and Robdf2 have the MK2 Leons that have had far from satisfactory responses from SEAT UK.

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
10 minutes of reading your warranty and the sale of goods act should give you enough amunnition to put down any techy that thinks it's perfectly acceptable.

so far i think the list is me, Pov, RCKS and Robdf2 have the MK2 Leons that have had far from satisfactory responses from SEAT UK.

He rekoned he was a tecchy on the fone! Tried quoting to me, that I should have thoroughly inspected the car, and had it been him, he would not of accepted the car.

Well that helps my current situation dont it! Nob

Its jsut not acceptable customer service. These cars aint a few quid from the local lout. Were talking 5 figure price tags and this is the way they treat ya. Had enough to be honest

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I think they subcontracted the CS - a few years back it was in house when I visited & met them. subsequently it was moved opp north for reasons unknown.

So now you're not speaking to SEAT employee's, just call centre people reading from a script (I assume)

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
I think they subcontracted the CS - a few years back it was in house when I visited & met them. subsequently it was moved opp north for reasons unknown.

So now you're not speaking to SEAT employee's, just call centre people reading from a script (I assume)

thats exactly how it feels when your speaking to them. In his defence, he did not budge even slightly on accepting that certain things are manufacturing defects and should be warranty jobs etc so he's doing his job well lol

This guy and his team are gonna save Seat a lot of money!

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
This guy and his team are gonna save Seat a lot of money!

Or they are going to drive existing customers away.

Point in case, me. I have bought two brand new Cupras in the last 6 years.

I will not be buying another SEAT due to the lack of aftercare provided by that there call centre.

My new car is a Mercedes, it could well of been a Cupra R or a Bocannegra if SEAT had treated me like a valued customer.

They made their bed, they can damn well lie in it.:ban:

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
Or they are going to drive existing customers away.

Point in case, me. I have bought two brand new Cupras in the last 6 years.

I will not be buying another SEAT due to the lack of aftercare provided by that there call centre.

My new car is a Mercedes, it could well of been a Cupra R or a Bocannegra if SEAT had treated me like a valued customer.

They made their bed, they can damn well lie in it.:ban:

Can't say i blame you. If this fiasco carries on, i will be leaving the K1 with them and buying either an Audi S3, Golf R or a Focus RS

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Whenever I took my car in for things to be looked at under warranty I've never paid a penny - and that included rattles etc. They had it for a few days late last year to track down a fault and still nothing paid.

All the things you describe, except maybe the fuel filter, are warranty items so why not just switch dealer and book it in as items to look at under warranty? It has always worked for me.

Poverty

And invisible and hon n gem?

There must be loadsa more!

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
Whenever I took my car in for things to be looked at under warranty I've never paid a penny - and that included rattles etc. They had it for a few days late last year to track down a fault and still nothing paid.

All the things you describe, except maybe the fuel filter, are warranty items so why not just switch dealer and book it in as items to look at under warranty? It has always worked for me.

Well I think as I seem to be an inconvenience to the current service centre, and Seat UK are involved, taking to another dealer may get the same responses. I'm giving them a last chance at the moment to rectify all problems. Then I can say I'll be happy

Re: fuel filter. It's defo a fault and not just the fact it needs changing. I'm yet to hear of another Mk2 LC have a whistling turning to screaming as you accelerate, fuel filter. And that's from totally standard right up to stage2+ cars. So there's something amiss there. Yet each time they replace it, the problem never goes away. Which tells me its possibly something a lot more complex than just swapping it over. Thus the reason it should be replaced under warranty, as they believe it to be the problem. ie they have done some fault finding and think it's the cause. Considering it was only replaced 3 months ago, it must be faulty?

But the guy didn't really take much notice when I was telling him I'm getting -9.8 timing pull on cylinder 4. Which also tells me that, something, is not functioning correctly with my engine. But unless they can physically see the problem or unless it flags up a fault code, they won't look into it

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Ive got Contacts for SEAT UK but none of them work in the Warranty/ Service side of the business all are in the PR side aswell as Peter Whyinny himself

As said above send a registered letter, Send a copy of the terms and conditions of warranty and highlight stuff T&C'S you want them to read

Ive had a few battles gettting stuff resolved on my old Ibiza mainly the misting headlights

Poverty

^^^^^ We should make a list and send it to SEAT...... they may start doing something about it if it can be quantified in significant lost sales.

Could possibly be the wake up call they need?

Could be too late though,once VW gets hold of alfa I think SEAT could get end up being collateral damage

rji

Dec 18, 2010
Hi guys, thought I'd chip in.

I have an ongoing complaint about my car. On Wed 16th March I got a call from Swift Market Research about Seat Customer Care. There were the usual questions: on a scale of 1 to 5 . . . and which of these words best describes . . . etc. Then there was the opportunity to explain in my own words - so I did. I was also asked if I wanted my details included with the survey – so I said yes.

I am disgusted with the service. My "Case Manager" constantly tries to prevent me getting my complaints across and I have had to complain repeatedly about being interrupted whenever I do get to speak. I was not allowed to speak to anyone higher. They did not contact me following two visits to dealers as I was told they would.

In my opinion if the car hasn't actually broken down Customer Care rather than assist in resolving the problem will try to prevent you from getting anything done.

The car will be seen again in two weeks and again I expect that nothing will be done. So it will be more complaints, more arguments, more letters, more stress.

I still don’t know where best to address my complaints.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.