SEAT Unveils the All-New City Car - the Mii

i wonder if anyone will do one up lol. ok ive seen better cars... but if you never owned a car before, or just werent really interested in cars & just wanted something cheap to buy, run & get you about in then its not bad at all. you never know it may be really nice to drive (though i doubt it) & that boot lock looks like it came from an austin metro. the build quality of the interior reminds me of the seat marbella / original fiat panda & the side profile just looks like a revised arosa/lupo to me

Dabbalz

Sep 7, 2010
West Yorkshire
I don't mind it but it does remind me of the Dihatsu YRV Turbo 130, Might be just cos it's yellow. I'd like seat to do a 1.4TSI version, That'd be mental!

Daihatsu-YRV_Turbo_130_2004_800x600_wallpaper_02.jpg

Daihatsu-YRV_Turbo_130_2004_800x600_wallpaper_06.jpg

S.E.C.T.

kiss my face
Jun 14, 2009
The North
I love the Arosa especially when modded. Bit disappointed by this but will wait to see one in the flesh. Im sure one of the nutters on here will be modding a Mii at some point!!

iain1970

I ♥ TDI
Apr 19, 2005
The Wrong side of the Pennines
The boot lock is on all three of the variants, not just the Mii, although only the Up has the all glass tailgate like a C1/107/Aygo. Maybe it is a cynical link to the Fox ;-) but I suspect it's merely simpler and cheaper to fit that than the badge mech as we are used to in larger Seats and VWs.

Personally, I like the look of the Up better and it has the more stylish rear quarter window shape that the Mii and Citigo don't.

As requested a bit further up, the 1.2 TSI would make for a nippy model. However, the Arosa Cupra/Racer never saw the light of day, so I will not be holding my breath for a more powerful version of the Mii. I'm sure someone will do a conversion sooner rather than later. The Up GT concept 'has' a 98hp 1.0 unit, that might be the best we offically get.

Last edited:

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Im sure one of the nutters on here will be modding a Mii at some point!!

:think: :clap:

edit: Just read the TG review, seems to be positively received as a better looking VW, and interestingly, they mention a 'sport' trim which gives you a lower ride height (I can fetch the link if someone can't use google :p) So, with said lowered height, and maybe better wheels, it may have some potential if a nutter wishes to take it on. Wonder where the Up! Chassis comes from :think:

Last edited:

Adam_

Dec 16, 2010
Gloucestershire
I think the front looks like the arosa..... or is that just mii?

Doesn't look as bad as the VW Up and Skoda Citigo (or w.e it called) in my opinion...still wouldn't buy one, not new anyways maybe if they were dirt cheap

ericcat

Aug 10, 2009
Horwich
I notice that SEAT missed off the "Auto Emocion" strapline from that video on Youtube (link on page one). Perhaps they're saying "yeah, we know it's not great but we need a cheap city car in the line-up".

Certainly doesn't light my fire.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Auto Emocion was dumped a while back.

I'm kind of 'wanting one to do up'

Maybe I'll propose it to SEAT :)

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Auto Emocion was dumped a while back.

I'm kind of 'wanting one to do up'

Maybe I'll propose it to SEAT :)

Could be a good move for Seat if it were publicised. Enthusiast(s) build(s) one up to show what it can be like, I imagine a few youth will be buying these so a good direction for marketing.

meccano04

I wonder if Nintendo mind them using "Mii" as that's the avatar name on the Wii, 3ds

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.