Seat WTCC

dava

Nov 22, 2010
Will Seat compted in wtcc for 2011?(i mean as the official brand not like 2010 "SEAT Customers Technology"....

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I Put this question to head of PR for SEAT UK Recently in a meating

SEAT UK and SEAT Spain want to focus on other sporting events such as Sponsoring Football etc therefore wont be entering there own teams, They will however continue to support customer teams such as SunRed, Im under the impression SunRed will run NGTC Cars next year

Which means no more TDI's :cry: (IMHO A big mistake)

Leonidas

Iv been doing a bit of digging and I came up with this...

Interview with Marcello Lotti,
The manufacturers have reacted well to the new regulations. As we know, the new Chevrolet Cruze has already hit the track, while BMW has announced the development of the new 1.6 turbo engine. By the way, RML and Chevrolet have signed a deal for three more years, so this is a long-term project.

As for SEAT, all the diesel-powered cars will be transformed and equipped with the new engine. The only cars that might might still have the two liter engine at the first race next year will be the Chevrolets of Bamboo Engineering, they will use the Cruze. They should be able to use the 1.6 liter Chevrolet engine from the European events on

Leonidas

Theres also rumors of a factors SEAT team returning with 2-3 cars...

Leonidas

Also SEAT are bringing out a new Toledo which is gonna be a clone of the new Jetta. Can see this being used somewhere next year.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Also SEAT are bringing out a new Toledo which is gonna be a clone of the new Jetta. Can see this being used somewhere next year.

Where have you heard this we asked SEAT UK Recently about expected new models and there was no mention of a new Toledo plus it certainly wont be out in time for next year :think:

Leonidas

Read an interview with J Muir. Mentioned a new compact sedan for geneva...

Leonidas

The replacement for the Exeo will be as big as the Superb. This will be an Octavia, Cruze rival