Seat WTCC

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
total stab in the dark.... i'd wager a Superb is bigger than a Cruze?
taking my twisted logic further, if a bigger car is better wouldn't BMW use a 5 series?

Leonidas

The main thing is that everything seems to point to the Leons being upgraded to 1.6 turbos for next year. The engine is being developed by Skoda so weather SEAT are private or works next year, the engine will constantly be developed....

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
now you're confusing me...
it's well known that the current Leon is the worst on grid as an aero package due to it being a hatchback.
so logical choice is a saloon, but only one is based on old A4?, but if you say new Exeo is Superb sized thats one big Mother compared to Cruze, 3 series etc

why would Skoda develop an engine for SEAT to use in WTCC in a chassis they no longer want to use ie pulling out of WTCC as a factory ?

the only thing i see Skoda developing the 1.6T for is IRC/ WRC rally cars

Leonidas

What we were saying was, The new saloon SEAT are due to bring out is a Cruze sized car. The NEXT Exeo will be Suparb sized....

Leonidas

They'v spent 3/4 of there budget of fookball sponcership, so I have my doubts...
Be nice to see them in with the facelift Leon though.

Leonidas

Also, just read another interview with J Muir and he said WTCC is not a Priority!

Leonidas

I hope this clears up a few things.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=5666

TcT: TDi engines are still allowed in WTCC in 2011. Does your team intend to keep using them in WTCC or are there plans to switch to the new 1.6 liter turbo engine?

"It is clear that we will start with diesel engine and we will try to change to 1.6 turbo engine as soon as possible."

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise