SEATCupra.net Exclusive, Leon FR Road & Track Test

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
UK's first Road Track test of the Leon FR Models
SEATCupra.net were invited to the first day of Press testing for the SEAT FR Model Range comprising of the Ibiza, Altea Leon models. With power ranging from 130bhp to 200bhp I knew it was worth taking the day off work for.

Link To Original Article

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
Nice day!

The next buttons at the bottom of the pages seem to take you to past motorshow reports though? Also the index of pages at the top right is obsured by a photos?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Seems fine to me, the prev and next buttons directly beneath the article, yet justified left are the ones for changing pages in a specific article.

The ones at the bottom of the page, and centred, are for changing articles.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Cheers!, just realised I've uploaded a load of very lossey images - I'l sort them out better tonight.

I just came straight home & typed up 2,500 words straight until 10pm

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Cupra probably won't hit the shores until December - somehow I can't see a trip to Spain is on the cards (we're not Top Gear Mag)

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
m0rk said:
Cheers!, just realised I've uploaded a load of very lossey images - I'l sort them out better tonight.

I just came straight home & typed up 2,500 words straight until 10pm

Few typo's in it too if you need them pointing out let me know...

Cheers for the report though .. first proper one i've read..

Lets see what the other reports think of it...

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
It's OK - I know there's more than a couple, but I was only typing in Notepad - then got over tired so uploaded it anyway

Yesterday was the first 'day' of UK press drives, so you'll get to read about it in other places later on

Needless to say, the grip levels are amazing compared with the outgoing Leon, and the ESP works, but not intrusively.

I had a lot of fun too :D "help yourself to a car"

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
An excellent report. It sounds as if you had fun. I especially enjoyed your comments about the Ibiza FR TDi. Good aren't they!;)

Who were the other people there? Motoring mags or national daily press? Television?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Motoring Mags, National Press & Local Press (not local to Birmingham)

I really enjoyed the FR Ibiza - It was a real suprise how well it handled when you took it to the task in hand.