SEAT'S Scorching Leon Cupra R is Here!

Leonidas

When SEAT give me about £20k trade in on a 3 year old Mk2 Cupra. :lol:

These latest hot SEATs have got far too rich for my pocket nowadays. I'm sticking with what I've got for the moment.

Thank god, I thought you were gonna say you were gonna get an MX-5 instead :whistle:

shaun.

converted
Mar 26, 2010
leicester
them seats with the black backs look amazin looks like an awsome care overall to be honest

Last edited:

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I like the grey 'R' badges, they'll be going on my MK1 LCR to replace the fading red ones :D

Also i'll keep my eye out in future for the front seats, again to go into the MK1.

SEAT can however keep the rest of the car.

What you dont fancy the engine??

I like the spec, the seats and the alloys (wonder if those with some lower profile rubber in gloss black or gun metal could look sweet on my boc). As other have said I think they could have made the car look a little more hardcore!

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
the rear diffuser and exhausts look like a max power addon.. don't suit it at all when the rest of the car looks so plain.. those gloss black backs on the seats are absolutely cringeworthy.

Pander

Jan 22, 2010
Corby.
www.facebook.com
Quite like it overall but the front end, in particular there "agressive" idea of a bumper isn't quite agressive enough. Silly rules with headlamp height and pedestrian impacts look like theyve scuppered what is nearly a stunning looking car.

EmDee

Omnishambolic
That SEAT video is awful, especially how it was shot in widescreen then squashed lol, makes the car look even higher up and narrower than it is. Truly terrible marketing, you wouldn't see Ford, Subaru or Renault doing that.

As for the car, well if I had that sort of money I'd get something else - and I'm a SEAT man. I imagine it will be a massive flop. SEAT are dying and VAG wont let them do things properly. Very frustrating.

TubbyTwo

Taking a break from JDM..
Jan 27, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
That SEAT video is awful, especially how it was shot in widescreen then squashed lol, makes the car look even higher up and narrower than it is. Truly terrible marketing, you wouldn't see Ford, Subaru or Renault doing that.

As for the car, well if I had that sort of money I'd get something else - and I'm a SEAT man. I imagine it will be a massive flop. SEAT are dying and VAG wont let them do things properly. Very frustrating.

its what you call trying to compete with other hot hatches and failing to understand what one it.

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
As usual looks like its on stilts a million miles up in the air..if you're going to make a hot hatch then grow a pair and fit proper suspension instead of pandering to comfort...that's my opinion :)