Secondary water pump again

SidewaysCupra

Mar 20, 2007
Carmarthen
Right, my secondary water pump has packed up. Not working at all.

Before anyone bites my head off I have searched. Have checked the fan fuse on top of the battery and it looks fine. Also checked that the plug hasn't come loose on the pump itself.

I'm going to try and strip it down and give it a good clean as shown here:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=129762

Just a couple of questions though.

When I remove the pump will I loose much coolant and will I need to bleed the cooling system after refitting the pump?

If the pump is beyond repair does anyone know where I can get one for less than the dealers. They're about £100 from SEAT.

Hope someone can help.

Feb 25, 2007
cheshire
if you have any mole grip pilers you can clamp the pipes ether side to stop coolant coming out. if you dont then i think you will loose quite abit of coolant so you will have to top it up and bleed it.

Its not hard to bleed the system, run it for a while with the coolant bottle cap off and when it starts to get warm put the cap on, when the coolant level drops put some more in (can take a while to drop) if its not bleeding very well take the cap off to let the air trapped in out, you will know ehen its bleed when the fans keep kicking in at 90degrees.

You should try ebay or breakers yard to see if anyone is breaking there ibizas, other than that its the dealers

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
or if you really don;t want it to leak then you could put a bolt in it same as what you do when you put the Golf/LCR tip on a Mk3

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.